• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The GAB

C

clubjoe

I got my inventation today!!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone out there.

Cool! I'm still waiting to find out if I'm In the open or not, hope to see you there.

Jeff, how is the fair grounds looking? Is it still like a swamp? Looking forward to it anyway though.:biggrin:

Got our invitation to the GAB today, too. We'll have enough space for the BBQ trailer and the travel trailer. Should be a fun weekend.

We'll have to come by and see how life is for the high rollers!!!

Maybe mine will come today. Still don't know what site I have for the open but it's a 25x50 so lots of room as I won't have the mh. I'm hoping it's fairly close to the building for turn-in and awards and I asked for 30 amp power.

Got ours today. We will be staying for the open and try the brisket open.
1st time to the GAB.

got mine today too.. now i gotta figure out what to do with it.. :)

Maybe this is a stupid question, but is the invitation different than the open? And if so what did you do to get invited to the "invitational".

Maybe this is a stupid question, but is the invitation different than the open? And if so what did you do to get invited to the "invitational".

They won contests... same as the Royal Invitational.

We were 0.5718 of a point away from getting an invite as well. :sad:

I got the invite today but I'm not sure I can make it. My teammate has something planned that weekend, so I would need to find someone else to go. And, I'm not sure I want to drive 2200 miles round trip. It sounds like a great time, but it might have to wait.

me too and I am also completely ambivilant. I have a couple of cookers I need to retrieve from Chicago but anyway I look at it it just looks like a lot of boring roads.

I got the invite today but I'm not sure I can make it. My teammate has something planned that weekend, so I would need to find someone else to go. And, I'm not sure I want to drive 2200 miles round trip. It sounds like a great time, but it might have to wait.

Maybe mine will come today. Still don't know what site I have for the open but it's a 25x50 so lots of room as I won't have the mh. I'm hoping it's fairly close to the building for turn-in and awards and I asked for 30 amp power.

The 30A is in the 300's which is where alot of the Brethren were at last year. Team Q, Big Creek, HoDeDo's, Mokan, Plowboys, Great Grills, Bubba and Jeff, plus a few I know I'm missing. That where I asked for again this year. Not the worst walk but theres not a great walk there anyway.

I got mine yesterday as well. Had a long talk with the wife and . . .

Lit and Loaded will be there for the invitational. The open is out becuase we are heading to Disney World Sunday night.

I have a question - my son wants to compete in the Kids Q, but it is on the open application. Can I enter him even though I am not doing the open?

We should have a get together either Thursday night or Friday night.

BTW - Brian if you read this - You want to do the Invite with me?

Back