What's your favorite sauce right now?

DubfromGA

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I'm trying new sauces now & curious as to which you guys really like for ribs and chicken.

Always looking for something I may like better.

I usually make my own, but lately I have been on a kick for any of the Famous Dave's. The local grocery here has had it on sale too. Also tried some Jack Daniels sauce and do not care for it at all, has a very strong smokey flavor.

Shack Attack. Straight recipe. Sometimes cut it with Tiger Sauce, or Jack Daniels BBq sauce or Stubbs, or Orange Vodka. Depends on beers consumed :D

I have been using Sweet Baby Ray's, but I just snagged a bottle of Blues Hog and will give that a try.

I prefer a pretty vinegary sauce with a little sweet like a Carolina sauce or Fat Johnny's Bastardized Piedmont (Google it for the recipe, it's KILLER) but if I'm feeling lazy, Stubbs Original is decent for a cheap bottle sauce. I just can't do the goopy Dave's and Rays stuff anyone, although I used to prefer it.

On ribs & chicken I like this one

Texas Red Sauce

This is a thin sauce, very
basic and good on all
BBQ.

1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 cup ketchup
1 cup water
6 Tbl white sugar
2 Tsp salt
2 Tsp chili powder (Guajillo powder, chile d'arbol powder
and ground cumin)
1tsp back pepper
1tbl New mexico chili powder
1 tbl paprika
2 tsp Cholula hot sauce

In a microwavable bowl or large measuring cup combine vinegar, water, sugar and spices.
Heat on high 1 min stir to dissolve sugar allow to cool 20 min. stir in ketchup and bottle.
Allow to sit at least 4 hrs or overnight.

Love a sweet molasses base. Usually I don't sauce, if I do its usually KC Masterpiece Hickory Brown Sugar Blend. Picked up a bottle of Bulls-Eye KC style. Figured what the hell.

I have been using Sweet Baby Ray's, but I just snagged a bottle of Blues Hog and will give that a try.
Try mixing SBR's and Blues Hog ..........it's my go to sauce.I usally try to do it 60/40 with using 60% Blues Hog

I don't sauce much but when I do these days it's Blues Hog Smoky Mountain Sauce. I keep SBR for company and the BHSMS is my private stash.

Williamson Bros. It's made in Georgia! They only carry the original at Grocery stores here but I have found their Classic Carolina and Spicy Chipolte at specialty meat markets nearby. Also I like Blues Hog but its a little sweet so I've been mixing in a little of the Williamson Spicy Chipolte and that is a good combination.

Back