Turn in pics

B

BrooklynQ

Here's a link to the License To Grill BBQ team's website that shows pictures of their Q as submitted in various contests with their scores. Click on each contest link to see the pics.

Pretty interesting..

http://www.license2grill.com/

This could be useful to those that are looking for fresh new ideas for the presentation of their turn-in boxes. Thanks for the link dude.

Awesome pics. Your ribs looked really great and tasty. I did not understand the comment you made about the brisket being "crumbly" Was it the crust or the rub?

Sirthames, I don't know the team that did these foods. It was just a link I found on the internet that I thought would be interesting to the brethren. Reading the post, I would assume it was the crust that was crumbly.

he said "he did not finish off the rub and it didnot carmelize into the meat. I think what he means here is that he just sprinkled the rub on and turned it in. If you just sprinkle rub on and leave it, it will stay in a dry form on the meat. You would eithe have to rewrapp and let it sit to dissolve or or do swomething to dissolve it and/or carmelize it. What I do before turn in is to sprinkle with a little more rub, then rub it into the meat with a gloved hand and some apple juice and glaze it over heat for a minute or so. lately, i have been mixing a small amount of honey in with the apple juice and rubbing that on.

At turn in time(ask Dave little this on). I get a really hot coalbed going in the firebox. I then put the turnin items in the hotspot next to the firebox for a minute or 2 to glaze them over after applying a light coating of rub and/or glaze. The adddition of a small amount of honey to apple juice gives it a nice sheen and the apple juice helps dissolve(finish off) the rub.

Back