Fryer

From the picture I thought that was an integrated unit - is it just a big wok on top of a cooker? I want one bad either way

R

Mark said:
Buzz: Where can I get a big-ass wok like that?

Bigjim down in Florida builds them--he runs a joint in the Micanopy area and builds gas/wood fired pits as a sideline--think he has a website --www.lazyq.com

sure this sucker can hold a few gallons of oil but it has a homade high pressure burner to get it going.

have a "discata"(farm disc made into pan) somewhere in camping stuff that I have'n't used in years

Looks like the cut out end of a propane tank that somebody was fixin to toss aside. Looks like they made good use of it.

Yeah, that is what it looks like. Here's a great way to make good use of the whole tank (or three of them):

Yeah, I wish it was my back yard. My dad sent me this and about a dozen more pics of the cookers at a resort in Texas where they have a "weekend" place. Dad's helped the owner a few times when he cooks brisket and chicken for the whole place - loads all 3 of them up, I guess.

no offense... but is it just me or do those access doors look to be about knee high?

Colt,
On a relook, the doors, in comparison to the railing and table height, seem okay. They are raised slightly from the main runway floor.

Love the expanded steel floor. Can only imagine whats living under that deck on scraps and slosh and POOPIE.

Greg's post in the favorite sides thread reminded me of this one. Lots of good stuff. It was due for a bump.

Burro tails

parrothead said:
Here's one a friend told me about. Take a hotdog and split it down the middle without seperating the 2 halves. Stuff the now split hotdog with jalapeno slices and cheddar. Wrap in bacon (may take 2 pieces), and deep fry. I think it was called a texas twister, but we could call them dog turds (hot dog thing).

I will double check with him this weekend and see if that is how they were done.

I used to do something similar to this when I was young and stupid. Split the hot dog as described and stuff with your favorite cheese (I used muenster or jack) wrap in a flour tortilla and deep fry til the tortilla is golden brown and no the cheese doesn't run out since it takes such a short time to cook. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.

Rick

Did I read this thread right. Not a single person mentioned the all time numba-one deep fried food.

Mountain Oysters of course. Love at first bite!

Back