BBQ Brethren "Sandwich" Throwdown!!!

from noob to sammich...

This is my official entry to the sammich throwdown!

As I intended this for the noob throwdown, it was pointed out to me that this is a sammich so mine as well enter it here too. So if it doesn't dq me from noob throwdown, id like to enter it here as well.

I just copied post from noob throwdown, hope that's ok. :mrgreen:

My whole cook can be found here...click me

This is my entry photo...
2012-07-28_16-53-06_253-picsay.jpg

Its pulled pork on a toasted English muffin drizzled with my homemade vinegary bbq sauce with a side of roasted potatoes. I braved multiple thunderstorms for this cook, and it tasted awesome. Sadly, all I had was phone for camera so I took a hit on photo quality. Check out the link above for the thread about my cook. Thanks! And good luck to all of us who entered! :clap2:
full cook thread

Kathy that is so freakin good!!!!

I physically could not have done that, I just wouldn't get the meat into the sammie in time.
just ....not....strong....enuff

Here is my entry. It's been a few months since I've fired up the Q. I was happy to do it even if meant being on cruches.

I made some rosemary garlic focaccia
5df8672c.jpg

8207140e.jpg

7aca666b.jpg

Grilled up some steak and shallots
3f198442.jpg

Fried up an egg
1b93e6f2.jpg

Let the river flow ( use this as my entry please)
5ffb9305.jpg

Thanks for looking

Mmmm, steak and egg

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

I have an idea and ingredients for a sammich entry, but I'm having a hard time getting motivated. It's 105 degrees on my patio, and it's only 3:00. If I do it, I'm going to have to just cook the meat on the grill -- that is the the main element. I like to do as much as possible on the grill, but the rest will need to be done in the kitchen.

CD

Tips for cutting ribs for McRibs.

Hi!

We've now eaten McRibs three days in a row and I've learned how to and how not to debone ribs. The small end is easy enough to cut flaps with like I showed in my entry. The middle and large bone ends are not more work if done right. First, warm them up a bit so they give to, not resist, your work. Second, leave the membrane on when you originally smoke them -- which I did this time, thank goodness. When you debone the larger rib bones turn them so the membrane side is up and use the presence of the membrane to help free the meat from the bone. I cut them cold yesterday and gave myself quite a bit of work and ended up with pieces. Got smarter today, warmed them up and it was easier to free them from the meat with pressure on either side of the bone at the membrane -- and I ended up with rib fillets in one piece.

Please accept this as my official entry in the Sammie Throwdown

Picked up some chuckies and had a bone in ribeye in the freezer.
100_2426.jpg

Sliced thin and some generic Steakhouse Marinade.
100_2435.jpg

Skewered and ready for the Weber.
100_2446-1.jpg

Meanwhile, I pitted out some ripe mango's and added some dark brown sugar for a sweet summer treat.
100_2439.jpg
100_2436.jpg

Also went with some stuffed peppers.
100_2428.jpg

100_2429.jpg

Something along these lines.
100_2433.jpg

Some peppers and onions.
100_2443.jpg

Like so.
IMG_0254.jpg

On the grill and coming along nicely.
IMG_0255-1.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

Bread down.
IMG_0261.jpg

Sammich includes the stuffed peppers, avacado, neighbor grown fresh sliced tomatoes and Tostito brand queso cheese. This was actually pretty farkin good.
IMG_0270.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Holy crap Tarhog, that is a hell of a sammie! Nice job man.

Edited to add: I just noticed that sweet skewer rack thingy you have there. What's the story there? That setup looks awesome.

Holy crap Tarhog, that is a hell of a sammie! Nice job man.

Edited to add: I just noticed that sweet skewer rack thingy you have there. What's the story there? That setup looks awesome.

Thanks.
A good friend of mine mabe the skewer rack thingy for me. It is basically two pieces of expanded metal welded and bolted together. It keeps the food up off the fire. While you may not get the charred look, it works great in my opinion.

Back