Brisket Sammies....How do you do yours?

tortaboy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I've seen everything from neked brisket on plain white bread, to brisket on a toasted ciabatta with fancy smancy cheese.....

How do you do your Brisket Sammies?

White bread with avocado and jalapeno peppers is very good.

On hamburger buns with head coutnry sauce, Texas Pete, and slaw is good too.

Of course, brisket tacos (Mexican sammies) are good too.

its not exactly a sammie but this is still one of the best things i have ever ate. brisket enchiladas from Mia's in Dallas. yes they are not my own, but i try to replicate them as best i can

miasbrisketenchiladas.jpg

Recently its been slightly toasted Italian hoagie/sub roll, sliced yellow peppers, and mozzarella cheese with brisket/au jus.

its not exactly a sammie but this is still one of the best things i have ever ate. brisket enchiladas from Mia's in Dallas. yes they are not my own, but i try to replicate them as best i can

miasbrisketenchiladas.jpg

Did you actually take a picture of the food served to you?

Dude, that's just wrong.:becky: :doh::thumb:

Pickles on brisket sammie is the best. Big old slice of onion with it is also good.

Hey Vinny,

Are sliced pickles on brisket a common combo? I may just have not noticed, but I don't recall ever hearing anyone doing this. Sounds good though.

Pickles and brisket are excellent combo. I have a friend that puts pickle juice in his chopped BBQ receipe.

+1 for the potato rolls. I go plain unless the brisket is really dry. However, I use dog buns cause I like leaving the slices intact instead of folding em over. I know I can't get as much brisket on each sandwich if I use em, but what can I say, I am different.

Sliced brisket piled high on a sesame seed hambuger bun. A little slather of Head Country sauce and sliced onion. Sliced pickles and jalapeno on the side with Ruffles chips.

dip the bread "what ever i have in the house at the time" in the pan drippings, and that is all needed. i love pickles on pulled pork sammies. never tried it on brisket, but sounds good to me

Think it's against the law in Texas to eat BBQ without pickles
and onions.:heh:

Pita Pocket bread and Hoagie buns are my favorite way to have my brisket......With the Pita bread, its just a way to hold it all together on the way to my mouth.

Did you actually take a picture of the food served to you?

Dude, that's just wrong.:becky: :doh::thumb:
haha i actually just google imaged it so you would all understand how amazing it was but i have taken pictures of what i have been served before. please don't judge me:icon_blush:

Back