View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #2300
Barbarian
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd-santaclarita View Post
Guys - I am looking for some details on the intake pipe nipples. How long should they be? 1" long close nipples? Do they need to be stainless? I am not sure what they have over at home deeps, but i doubt its stainless...

Since i am not welding, just to make sure i got this right....I can thread in the 3/4" pipe nipple and on the inside i can lock it down with a conduit nut and same on the outside? I doubt the threading of the ball valve will thread all the way down to the barrel.

Thanks all,
JD
JD, I don't weld either and I use 3/4" close nipples. Get a 1 9/32" Shower Valve Socket Wrench from the plumbing department to tighten the conduit nuts.

I thread a conduit nut with the points facing out as far as it will go on the close nipple, then thread it through the drum from the inside and put another conduit nut on the outside with the points facing in so they grab the drum and the nut on the inside grabs the drum. Doing it this way the inside one did not move and was pulled towards the drum so I was able to do it by myself since it is rather hard to reach both conduit nuts by yourself.

I have also done this with my exhaust, using a 2"x4" black pipe with two conduit nuts.

The shower valve socket is the way to go for the 3/4" pipe, for the exhaust I use the same procedure, but since you can handle both sides of the lid pliers work just fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SG102205.jpg (32.4 KB, 1454 views)
File Type: jpg SG102206.jpg (41.1 KB, 1458 views)

Drumhead - UDS x 2 & UDG
Thermopen
Keep on Smokin'
KC native missin' KC
IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller 2009
I also support PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote