Wangs

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Man did we pig out yesterday. We ate early and it’s a good thing we did as it did take a while. A very unusual choice of meat for the garden veggie supper but I can’t hardly go through a Sat or Sunday without firing up a cooker and I sure do love me some wangs and they was all we had that would thaw quick enough to cook. Sprinkled em real heavy with rub and cooked over direct heat till they looked good and finished in a half pan in that shirachi sauce ? with a stick of butter (I put them japs back as I didn’t need no more heat than what was on the wings). The first pic is after switching sides with the butternut squash and corn and let the wings cook a little more on the indirect side before putting em in the pan with the sauce. I put some butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, and cinnamon on one half of the squash and added a couple tbs of raisins and did the other one with butter and the same spices the corn had on it. Ms Driver cooked the stewed squash, fried the okra, and cooked the green beans with new taters in em that’s hidin behind the cornbread, all of which came from our garden (except the new taters) including the maters and cucumbers. She also surprised me with the sweet tater cobbler and actually put it on and took it off the Tailgater all by herself (forgot to shut it down though – but she’s learning). Good grinding is all I can say and my belly didn’t know that wangs don’t go good with the rest of it.

IMG_4579.jpg

IMG_4580.jpg

IMG_4581.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_4585.jpg

man that is a delicious looking spread! That squash looks tasty!

Man, that shirachi will bring tears to your eyes if ya ain't careful. Sure looked good. Been a while since I had wings. Gonna have to pick some up, now, and satisfy the urge you started.

SQUASH!!! What did you put on top of it? Looks like it was great!

That all looks great, GD! Is there a recipe for the sweet tater cobbler? That sounds interesting.

Looks great! If you get a chance, try and flash fry the wings after smoking. It crisp up the skin really nice!:wink:

I really miss the fried okra since moving north. You can get in in the stores, but it is already limp and not worth buying and trying to fry frozen okra is just not the same.

That all looks great, GD! Is there a recipe for the sweet tater cobbler? That sounds interesting.

My wife hardly ever goes by a recipe and is truely a natural born all a"round" (don't tell her I said that again) good cook. If she ever goes by a recipe it's probably going to be something she knows I wanted that she would not normally cook if it was just her, otherwise she would just know what goes in it and take it from there. She does make great dumplins and that pretty close to what makes a cobbler other than cooking your sweet potatoes and then sweetening them. I think lotsa people also top a sweet tater cobbler with marshmellow topping too which is very good.

I'd hit that!...I love fried okra...especially fresh fried okra! Nice job!

That looks really good. Pie and ice cream is a good way to finish a meal like that- if you have room that is

Lookin good. I love me some wings. Like fried okra too.

That is some Great Looking Grub!!!
Great Job.

To bad Dalton is all the way on the North end of GA.
I would have "Hit That" in a heartbeat. :wink:

TIM

Back