Today's smoke, spare ribs and ABTs - with pron.

jmilleronaire

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well, decided to give some spare ribs a shot today, because I've done a few butts and a couple of briskets on my new smoker already this year and they went well. I'll be feeding the neighbors tonight!

Trimmed st louis style, slathered in French's yellow and Sucklebusters Hog Waller:

2010-04-03%2009.43.37.jpg

Whipped up a few basic ABTs:
2010-04-03%2009.43.25.jpg

Finally making use of all the grate real estate I now possess:
2010-04-03%2009.57.58.jpg

Looks good so far!! I should do ABTs or MOINKs today. I plan on a brisket for tomorrow and a tri-tip for tonight, but I'll start my own thread shortly.

See ya on FB once I get settled....

Last edited:
I fought the urge to do a fatty too, but considering how much I've got going already, I probably don't need any more than this. I hope the neighbors come hungry.

There's room for a fatty on there! Just move the center rack of ribs to the right a little! Just unwrap the sausage, rub if desired, and toss it on!

Well, they're almost done. Just setting the color a little, then off to feed the neighbors. It's either good or bad that I decided to do these today. My parents saw my pics on facebook and now asked if I'd do spare ribs for easter lunch tomorrow. I guess I'll be getting up early and getting into the smoke again!

2010-04-03%2015.50.04.jpg

Finished up the ribs, brought the over to the neighbors and got RAVE reviews. I'm pleased.

A word of caution though: When using a knife to cut them apart, be very careful. Several pieces went flying directly into my mouth and I was forced to eat them. :p

Now I get to get up early tomorrow morning and do 4 more for my family. :-D

2010-04-03%2016.54.46.jpg

2010-04-03%2016.55.04.jpg

Back