• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Results SMSU Smokefest, Marshall Mn 9/18-19

Unfortunately, we will be unable to make it. We have to move in to our new home instead. Bittersweet I know. Good luck to you Joe!

Good luck with the move Ryan.

I've always liked Minnesota judges....lets hope the South Dakota judges stay in South Dakota:eek::mrgreen:

I'll bet your brisket was as good there as it was in Albert Lea, wasn't it?

I may be a bit biased:icon_blush:, but I would say it was damn close. It wasn't as moist but the flavor and tenderness was nearly identical. It wasn't a 180 brisket but it wasn't a 151 brisket either:shock: but that is how it goes right? I obviously didn't taste the exact pieces I turned in maybe I missed something (wouldn't be the first time). Either way I'm glad I get another shot at it this weekend and that is why we play this crazy game!

Joe - thanks for starting the thread. I talked with the University people yesterday - they said we should be at about 30 teams. It should be a great time. Weather sounds decent - we'll take that!

I am seriously considering making this event my first competition! I'm trying to clear my weekend calendar - if I do I'll probably be the annoying dude asking lots of questions!

mfen - come on over to Marshall. We were all first timers at one point or another! Its a great contest...nice college atmosphere...coeds at the street dance Friday night...you'll be spoiled!

judging in vermillion was helpful it let me know i need to make some small adjustments on my 4 catergories hopefully they pay off in marshalll. A bunch of good teams will be there looking forward to cooking and seeing my friends Im cut out for cooking rather than judging:0

Glad you're able to make it Mo. You are right...a bunch of good teams will be there. See you Friday!

mfenn, jump on in man the water is warm:p Seriously, if you decide to enter we would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Looking forward to seeing you all Friday, hey Mo do you know if The Smokey D's gang or Farm Boy are coming?

Farmboy is hosting potluck dinner Friday night he has Berkshire brats and chips I'm bringing sourkraut and mustard and ketchup and buns anyone is welcome if you want to bring something that's cool but not necessary.

It just keeps getting better. 38 teams so far. I think there will be 6 or 7 new teams participating! Fantastic!

Farmboy is hosting potluck dinner Friday night he has Berkshire brats and chips I'm bringing sourkraut and mustard and ketchup and buns anyone is welcome if you want to bring something that's cool but not necessary.

Good deal, I will bring something...maybe dessert

Grand Champion: SHIGGIN & GRINNIN
Reserve Champion: PARROTHEAD SMOKERS

Overall:
1 SHIGGIN & GRINNIN
2 PARROTHEAD SMOKERS
3 PRAIRIE OAK SMOKERS
4 FARM BOY BBQ
5 THE HEAT IS ON
6 PONDEROSA
7 THE Q CREW
8 DRY 2 DA BONE