Help in choosing a Pellet grill... FE vs. Louisiana Grill

S

spartacus_33

Still doing research on selecting the right pellet grill for me.
I've been cooking on a Weber Gas grill for the past 18 years.

Last weekend I visited a store that had all 3 grills that I've been researching:
- The Fast Eddy FE 1000 PC
- The Louisiana Grill (Kentwood)
- The Louisiana Grill (570 Country Smoker)

Without question the FE was the best of the bunch, for a number or reasons, one being that it was a section of grill that provides direct cooking over flame for searing. The unit is HUGE however and I think is way more grill than I need.

The Kentwood is also a very nice well built grill, but has a small hopper that cannot be expanded and a relatively small cooking surface.

My main concern with the 2 Louisiana Grills is whether I can actually "sear" the sides of my rib steaks and provide that nice crisp crust that can be done over an actual flame.

Any comments on those who have experience with these grills would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

im in the exact same boat you are, i started a post, trager vs country smoker. There is a lot of good info on that thread. Im leaning towards the Country Smoker and the FE 1000 but I dont know of any distributers in Ontario Canada, its hard enough to find a distributor of country smokers around here

Kwantz and Spartacus, I own a Traeger 125 and I love it. I can't speak for the other pellet grills but I can tell you mine is great . Ialso bought a Primo Jr. for when I want something seared. I can say this if I were to only have one grill. I would probably get the Primo XL. I love my Traeger now, don't get me wrong. The pellet grills are basically an indirect cooker. And I have had my Traeger up to 500*. Keep in mind keeping pellets is something you have to do. They aren't as easily accessible as charcoal.

Ask Phil, he has an FEC, check out his signature.

Jeff

index.jpg

I think he maybe talking about this unit!

wow that unit looks amazing, how much did you pay for one of those after shipping?

wow that unit looks amazing, how much did you pay for one of those after shipping?
Retail here is the States is about $1895 for the non-stainless model. Shipping is roughly $250.

I found a local dealer that has them in-stock for $1675 and no shipping. Just not sure I NEED that much of a grill. It's amazing... the hood is even insulated.

Thanks,
Spartacus_33

Dude.......everyone knows that you don't NEED that much of a grill.....but you certainly WANT that much of a grill, don't you?

Suck it up and buy it!!!

Remember....it always easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

I have the Greenwood and it gets to almost 600.I would say it is more of a inderect cooker ,great for ribs and roasts.I would sell it for $500,any takers.

Back