• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Tonight's dinner

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
With my "career" I get to have every other Friday off. This happens to be one of those weekends. Time to get away from it all. Decided on fish and chips.

20130509_183648.jpg

So let's get started right with my default beers :biggrin1:

20130509_183709.jpg

Literally from sunny skies to this :twitch: I feel like I'm in Hawaii

20130509_190334.jpg

My "chips" still aren't done but at this point its either do or die.

20130509_191028.jpg

Everything seems ok at this point

20130509_194936.jpg

But wait, let's Americanize this meal. Nothing like some leftover fries, chili and cheese.

20130509_195215.jpg

I don't know which I enjoyed more

20130509_195432.jpg,

It turned out to be a great evening after all with rain and clouds clearing up in about half hour.

20130509_193842.jpg

Oh well! We're supposed to be in the 90's over the weekend. Go figure! Hope y'all enjoyed.

Last edited:
Looks tasty! Wish it was that nice here...doing a rib cook off on Saturday and it's supposed to be 60 and WINDY...

Food looks great and looks like a hell of a grilling station.Nicely done friend.

Looks good. I also envy your grilling space. How did you do the "chips?"

Beautiful "kitchen" and looks like a beautiful space you have there to enjoy your well cooked meal! Pops don't look to shabby either.

KC

Your outdoor kitchen is one of my favorites from the show you cooking area post awhile back. Great looking fish and Summer Shandy is one of my go to beers as well.

Looks good. I also envy your grilling space. How did you do the "chips?"

I should've been clear lol. I put them in the gas grill and as they were crisping up it started to pour. I had no choice but to leave it in the grill. Reason to using the gasser was I hadnt used in a while. I just use my kamado and performer primarily.

I should've been clear lol. I put them in the gas grill and as they were crisping up it started to pour. I had no choice but to leave it in the grill. Reason to using the gasser was I hadnt used in a while. I just use my kamado and performer primarily.

Interesting. I'll have to try that sometime :cool:

Good looking grub, and outdoor kitchen.

If it makes you feel any better, my career has me working every friday and saturday.

Matt

Awesome Cook and cooking area!!

The last picture reminded me of a book cover. Stephen Kings Wizard and Glass.

images

Good looking grub, and outdoor kitchen.

If it makes you feel any better, my career has me working every friday and saturday.

Matt

Thanks Matt,

Funny thing is in about a month or so I'm going to be on you're exact schedule. my bi-monthly three day weekends will be toast :cry:

Nice grilling station you have there. You must be out there all the time cooking something up.

Do you take reservations? That is a B&B right? Nice!

Lol you just gave me an idea.

Thanks guys!! All kidding aside I got the idea of building the outdoor kitchen when I went to BBQ's Galore and asked them to price a similar kitchen and they came back at me with a $25K tag.:shock: I said I can do this better and more personalized. Total cost was around 8K with scoring my DCS grill and side burner used for $400. That alone saved me about $3-4K. With the exception of the metal frame I had custom built and the granite top install, I did it all with some insight from a few buddies that are contractors. It's in the Show your bbq area thread with the build pictures.

Back