.99 Brisket!

TexasGuppie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Albertson's (at least here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area) will have packer briskets on sale Easter weekend (Fri., Sat., and Sun.) at .99 cents per pound (limit two with a $10 minimum purchase.) You'll need your "Preferred Shopper" card.

Clear some space in the freezer, gather up family and friends and GO SHOPPING!

Ken

Can I send you you guys my card and $10 so you can buy me some brisket? Albertson's here won't ever do such a thing. Thought though - give me a zip code from a local Albertson's. I"ll print the add and bring it to my local ALbertson's and plead with the meat man.

tommykendall said:
Can I send you you guys my card and $10 so you can buy me some brisket? Albertson's here won't ever do such a thing. Thought though - give me a zip code from a local Albertson's. I"ll print the add and bring it to my local ALbertson's and plead with the meat man.

Good luck!

Ken

Jeez, if I knew anyone in the area I could have them ship me a few. Even with shipping it'd be cheaper than I can get 'em here! Maybe not though..., I've been able to get untrimmed packers from my butcher for 1.89 to 2.29 / lb. Once they tried to charge me 2.99 but that was the trimmed price. I said whoa, hang on, why so much? The guy behind the counter realized his mistake and laughed because I knew their pricing better than he did.

Looks like I am smoking a couple briskets this weekend.

The Kroger in Frisco frequently has brisket for .99lb. it's sitting at 1.99 last time I checked though :eek:..

Guess I might be doing a nice slow smoke this weekend : )

hornbri said:
Looks like I am smoking a couple briskets this weekend.

My plan:

Me X 2 = 24 lbs + wife X 2 = 24 lbs + Brother and Sister-in-Law X 4 = 48 lbs + their daughter and her boyfriend + her younger sister = 72 lbs for a total purchase this Friday of 168 lbs of packers.

Repeat above strategy on Saturday and Sunday for a grand total of 504 lbs of beef (42-12# packers!)

Time to gas up the truck.

Ken

Gotta check the Albertson's here. TK, let me know what you find out!

Awesome, Ken! When you guys down yonder have a sale at Albertson's, we usually do too!

Damn!

Publix in Marietta, GA? 4.29/Lb. Farkin' highway robbery....

Family's driving to Colorado this summer. Wonder if they could pack some in dry ice in the cooler on their way back? Hmmm....

Darn, just got the weekly flyer in the mail for Albertsons specials.. has brisket listed at 1.79lb ;-(

NO WAY!! I just got home 10 minutes ago from Krogers, their flats are $3.99 a pound. I followed the meat lady around that had the price gun and she was marking some down, I got a 2.5 pounder at $2.00 a pound but that's the cheapest I've seen it here in Michigan in a long time.
Scott

Frisco_Smoker said:
Darn, just got the weekly flyer in the mail for Albertsons specials.. has brisket listed at 1.79lb ;-(

My ad came out of this morning's Star-Telegram. Dude...just be at Albertson's early Friday morning 'cause if you wait, me and my crew will have the meat coolers emptied by nine!

Ken (gonna sleep out in the parking lot.)

Well...picked up two 13 pounders this morning at 6:00 AM. Bought 4 JD bulk sausages for fatties too.

Yep...I can taste it now...

Total bill: $30.74. Life is GOOD.

Ken

The Albertsons by my house did not have very many and they were poor quality. I got 2 - 9 lbs that looked the best. They even called the other store and they were not much better.

I got several chicken boobs brining and bill be making some bacon wrapped shrimp stuffed japs! Not a typical easter.

Here in Oklahoma City we have the same sale. Remember if Albertson's has slim pickens then you can take the sale ad to wal mart and they will match it.

Will the walmart in marietta honor an albertsen's ad from OK? LOL...

Would love to try that but i doubt it....

tommykendall said:

Tell em FatDad sent you.

Last edited:
Back