Puerto Rican Roadside Chicken with pr0n...

That looks awesome! Don't have a rotiserrie but, cooks like this tempt me to pick one up.

Go for it. :thumb:

BTW, I was given a couple bottles of your sauce -- Cranberry and Xtra-Hot. I need to give them a try here soon.

CD

looks awesome! recipe?

cheers,

scott

The marinade was a modified version of something I found online.

I started with about a half cup of Orange and Lime juices (about 50/50)
I ground up about 2 teaspoons of dried garlic from my garden
1 teaspoon of cumin
A couple glugs of olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic

CD

Looks absolutely delicious!:hungry: Looking forward to pics of the street build next!

I can't decide between asphalt or concrete. :confused:

I guess it depends on what food I enter.

CD

That's one awesome looking bird...those rotisserie kits sure are fun.

One question...I would have expected a little heat in the marinade. Do they not use peppers as much in Puerto Rico as they do in other parts of the Caribbean?

That's one awesome looking bird...those rotisserie kits sure are fun.

One question...I would have expected a little heat in the marinade. Do they not use peppers as much in Puerto Rico as they do in other parts of the Caribbean?

Puerto Rican food is heavily influenced by Cuban food. Herbs and spices are important, but heat is not as important as they are in places like Jamaica.

Heat in Puerto Rican food typically creeps up on you, it is not up front in most dishes -- at least from my own experience.

CD

Puerto Rican food is heavily influenced by Cuban food. Herbs and spices are important, but heat is not as important as they are in places like Jamaica.

Heat in Puerto Rican food typically creeps up on you, it is not up front in most dishes -- at least from my own experience.

CD

Yah got that right... :wink: And what im working on gots plenty of it!! :wink:

That fowl looks awesome CD! I'd drive up for some of that any day!!! :thumb:

Cheers

Yah got that right... :wink: And what im working on gots plenty of it!! :wink:

That fowl looks awesome CD! I'd drive up for some of that any day!!! :thumb:

Cheers

I can't wait to see your Street Food entry. :hungry:

(Sounds like I may need a cold beer just to look at it)

CD

I got a rotisserie for Christmas too and was impressed with how well cooked the first bird was. Need to find a way to keep the skin from getting too dark.

I got a rotisserie for Christmas too and was impressed with how well cooked the first bird was. Need to find a way to keep the skin from getting too dark.

What temperature were you cooking at?

I've been cooking my birds at 300-350 at the dome, and am getting a nice golden brown.

CD

Don't know the temp because I'm using charcoal. Used about 2/3 a chimney on one side. Next time I'll probably use half a chimney and add a few briquettes half way through. Any ideas?

Great looking bird, CD. I love PR food. I've tried and tried to get an authentic PR type marinade. Haven't quite nailed it, but it's fun trying :-D.

CD banked his coals on either side of the drip pan for an indirect cook. Maybe try that if you're not currently cooking it that way.

yum!! that looks fantastic! If you're short on dinner plates and silver ware, I can probably send ya some LOL

Back