View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
Grizzly6
Full Fledged Farker

Default BBQ Dinner with the Awesome's to the highest bidder

Our church has an annual Fall Fest with a Live auction to raise money for the church. I was thinking it would be fun to provide some levity to an otherwise rather boring event. So I came up with a day with the awesome's, where a couple of my friends and I would come over to your house with a couple cases of beer and hang out with you while we watch a game and even cheer for your team. Nothing crazy just a couple of hours of "man" time with some cool guys. I was sure we would not get much more than a couple of bucks, but it would provide some laughs and possibly strike a bidding war between some of the wealthy members of the community looking for a fun reason to donate some cash.

Wel this evolved into "the Awesome's" providing a BBQ dinner for up to 15 folks, where we cook the food and then come over to your house, hang out, watch some TV and drink some beverages. This came up for bid at the auction and sparked a bidding war ending up garnering $610 for the church, far exceeding our expectations. One the gavel landed and the bidding closed I offered up a second dinner for the person bidding $600 and they excepted. So this stupid idea ended up raising $1200 for the church... I just hope we can deliver at the event to ensure we are able to do this next year.
DUCAN Affinity - gasser
Mini UDS (For the 12 yr old of course)
Extreme amounts of awesome to assist
12 yr old who loves to cook, and an 9 yr old who is
getting interested
Grizzly6 is offline   Reply With Quote