Tea for 95 guest

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Is 10 gallons of tea good gor 95 people for a buffet I am doing next weekend? If too much/not enough then how much? Been catering all year and most do there own drinks so I don't have much experience with drink amounts.

Thanks

I don't think it will be enough and if it's a hot day then double the amount.

Drink math is easy. Cup size minus ice x guests x weather factor = drinks. In this case id say 16 - 8 = 8 x 100 = 800 ounces x 2.

allow 4 gallons each tea and lemonade, and offer about 1/4 sugar-free or unsweetened/2 hours. The weather will play a part. Make sure you also have plenty of water to drink. HTH

Iced Tea Syrup Concentrate

20-25 tea bags
6 cups water
2cups granulated sugar

Bring water,sugar and tea to a boil in a large pot (turn off) then steep for 10 min.
Filter and pour into a bottle and keep refrigerated.
Mix 5 parts of water to one part tea syrup concentrate or to your own taste. This makes about 2 gallons of tea (16 cups makes a gallon). 5x6=30
To serve 100-90 people along with beer, wine, punch you will need 3 gallons of tea

The client has requested unsweet tea only for drinks. This will be set up in insulated Catorade drink containers, I have 16oz cups so I will figure making 12.5 gallons.

Thanks

One other question, how many lbs. if ice would you have on hand for the tea for one hour of service?

Back