double dog dare me?

This should be good. Perhaps inspiring. Somehow I think you're going to pull it off. :pop2::pop2:

You didn't mention how big that packer was. I'm imagining a tiny little calve brisket, and now I am sad.:sad:

True Challenge would be leave the Weber at Home and turn out a Good Eating Brisket. Campfire Style on a Homemade Spit.......:shock:

Dang beat me to it......but now I triple sister dog dare you to do this! :biggrin1:

I guess I now remember why my little brothers always got in trouble :loco:

going camping, not bringing the wsm 22.

got a full packer brisket and a smokey joe.

let the dares and bewares begin!

this could be interesting.....or awful.

Dude, Raichlen does this with a pen light, a magnifying glass and a shovel. Threatening to use a Smokey Joe just seems like cheating. :wink:

ha! i love all the responses!

thanks guys. the idea of campfire cooking a brisket is most excellent. not sure i can build an open fire at the cabin though. (it's wussy camping101)

down to the google bar i go....:wink:

btw, thanks peeps for looking for a pot. the cabin is in upstate NY. middle o nowhere.

instead of the tamale pot, just get some aluminum flashing from the home improovement store and roll it into the shape you need, a few screws and you are done

history teaches us that much more has been cooked on much less.

you got this.

I gave up cooking packers on my Performer because of how tough it is with the cramp quarters, I dare you!

Looking forward to checking our this adventure!

There is the option of corning and boiling, just say'n.:tape::decision:

Someone had to...:laugh::laugh:

Sounds like boogie is going to be eating a big farking brisket steak this weekend!!:p:laugh:

A Cabin:?
null_zpsca852496.jpg

null_zps844bb7ff.jpg

Or a Bungalow with Wood Siding?? :tsk:

A Cabin:?
null_zpsca852496.jpg

null_zps844bb7ff.jpg

Or a Bungalow with Wood Siding?? :tsk:
lol...last cabin I stayed in was made of logs, but had satellite TV, mini kitchen, full bath, AC, and a queen bed...and a Weber Kettle ;)

page45-1002-full.jpg

Sounds like boogie is going to be eating a big farking brisket steak this weekend!!:p:laugh:

VERY possible....

it's @ 14# packer. in the light of day i have no farkin clue how i'm gonna get it to fit in the joe.

considering a wood fire and some rebar stuck in the ground and skewering the farker.

Just a random thought... Could you do a caveman sear on it then foil and roast in a preheated rock lined shallow pit?? Won't be real smoky but would have a nice sear/crust??

I agree with butt and would go to Lowes or another home improvement store and pick up some 20 inch aluminum flashing ( let it unroll to the size of the joes base) and either screw it together or rivet. Now eventually i'd get a pot but the flashing will solve your problem... just use 3 stainless screws to hold the cooking grate about 4 inches from the top.

lol...last cabin I stayed in was made of logs, but had satellite TV, mini kitchen, full bath, AC, and a queen bed...and a Weber Kettle ;)

page45-1002-full.jpg

How do you know you ain't roughin it when camping?.. When you got ADT in your cabin!

Back