My Super Sunday Fattie w Pron

TeamRMS

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
This was my first attempt at smoking a fattie and err making a fattie. LOL

Sorry i didnt take more pics all i had was my cell phone camera and the girlfriend was looking at me kind of wierd when i said i needed to take some pics. Also the last pic is of some smoked northern i threw on the smoker to.

The fattie was stuffed with mushrooms and a mix of swiss and colby cheese.Rubbed in rendesvous seasong and smoked. It was farkin Good. I think im starting to get the hang of this smokin thing.

Thanks For Lookin.

Attachments

• 0206111237.jpg
    0206111237.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 0206111520.jpg
    0206111520.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 0206111248.jpg
    0206111248.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 127
Great looking fattie! I love the looks of the smoked northern too.... nice job!!:-D

Thanks all. It was all good eats indeed. If anyone would like the recipe for the brine on the fish just holler.

Thanks all. It was all good eats indeed. If anyone would like the recipe for the brine on the fish just holler.

I would love to try your brine recipe.. if you get the time to post it.. thanks! :cool:

I would love to try your brine recipe.. if you get the time to post it.. thanks! :cool:

Its a very simple Brine.

4 Cups Brown Sugar
1 Cup Pickling/Canning Salt

From This point you can pretty much mix in whatever you would like.

I add in
3 TS Garlic Powder.
3 TS Black Pepper.

Mix all ingrediants together, coat each filet of fish with the brine and stack into ziplock bag/container, dont use any type of metal container as it will give the fish a bad bad bad taste. I usuallly marinade overnight in fridge. When you are ready to smoke, take fish out of marinade( it will be like liquid caramel) and gove the fish a good rinse under cold water, pat dry and let fish air dry while smoker is warming up.

Any Questions just holler. I hope that makes sense.:becky:

Its a very simple Brine.

4 Cups Brown Sugar
1 Cup Pickling/Canning Salt

From This point you can pretty much mix in whatever you would like.

I add in
3 TS Garlic Powder.
3 TS Black Pepper.

Mix all ingrediants together, coat each filet of fish with the brine and stack into ziplock bag/container, dont use any type of metal container as it will give the fish a bad bad bad taste. I usuallly marinade overnight in fridge. When you are ready to smoke, take fish out of marinade( it will be like liquid caramel) and gove the fish a good rinse under cold water, pat dry and let fish air dry while smoker is warming up.

Any Questions just holler. I hope that makes sense.:becky:

Thanks so much, it makes perfect sense! :becky:
Can't wait to give it a try, sounds tasty. :thumb:

Back