Got another grill

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Picked up another grill of Craigslist. Got a Weber Smokey Joe Silver that was used about twice for $10. Got punched by my wife for bringing home another grill.:cry: I put all the details on my blog.

thillin said:
Picked up another grill of Craigslist. Got punched by my wife for bringing home another grill.:cry:

...........probably 'cause you haven't got that Old Kamado rollin' yet! :biggrin:

"Got another grill "

That phrase would probably have me in divorce court in short order. :-D

Q_Egg said:
...........probably 'cause you haven't got that Old Kamado rollin' yet! :biggrin:

That's the one that facilitated the threat!

Kirk said:
"Got another grill "

That phrase would probably have me in divorce court in short order. :-D

Almost got away with. But she heard me open and close the garage when i got home. Since my truck is too big for the garage, she knew it was somethin.

Yeah, seeing as how I doubled my number of cookers this summer, I'm in "zero acquisition mode" for probably quite some time. After the WSM, I was informed that even discussion of cookers I'd like to have would be met with extreme displeasure and an equivalent "zero nookie mode." A kamado might be worth it, though . . .

i would like to know what you told her.i'm trying for another big green egg. i'm pitching his and hers..it sounds good to me..or maybe my WSM dosen't match my other egg..somethings got to work.

My wife loves coats so it works out for me new coat new outdoor cooking item. I'm saving up coats for a new smoker. She got 3 new ones so I've saved like $250 only about 1,000 more to go.

"Whats that honey you found a new coat, Can you buy it, sure no problem, (laughing in my head)

My day is coming

My strategy is to buy new equipment for my two boys so they can share in the fun.
I might start with a Klose for one son and a Spicewine for the other.
To really sell the plan, I'll need some help to come up with reasons why
an 8 year old and a 2 year old need smokers.
I'm still not sure if the wife will go for the plan, but it's worth a try.

BBQ_MAFIA said:
To really sell the plan, I'll need some help to come up with reasons why an 8 year old and a 2 year old need smokers.

My wife actually went for that one. She loved the idea of matching kettle grills for my first Father's Day, one for me, one for my (then) 6 month old son. I got a 22" OTG and my son got a Smokey Joe Gold. Since then her mother insisted on buying me an 18.5" Silver at a church auction. Since it's brand new, I figure I'll save that one for him too. How many 11 month old kids do you know that have 2 Weber grills already? :-D

Hiloboy said:
i would like to know what you told her.i'm trying for another big green egg. i'm pitching his and hers..it sounds good to me..or maybe my WSM dosen't match my other egg..somethings got to work.

I tried not to say anything. Then she questioned the garage door. I smiled, and it was over. I took my lumps and limped away rubbing my sore spot(She's not a little frilly gilrly girl.) And I live to smoke/grill another day!:rolleyes:

I cannot cook on the Smoky Joe anymore. Has to be at least the 18.5 or 22" kettle, and there are plenty of deals on those on Cragslist too. $20-$35 seems to be the general asking price.

thillin said:
Almost got away with. But she heard me open and close the garage when i got home. Since my truck is too big for the garage, she knew it was somethin.

Thanks for the tip. I'm now adding a toolbox for the bed of the new truck to my list. I'll just lose the keys:lol:

Anyone who would sell their Weber ought to be bi_ _ _ slapped and monkey stomped. That's like selling your first child!!

BBQ_MAFIA said:
My strategy is to buy new equipment for my two boys so they can share in the fun.
I might start with a Klose for one son and a Spicewine for the other.
To really sell the plan, I'll need some help to come up with reasons why
an 8 year old and a 2 year old need smokers.
I'm still not sure if the wife will go for the plan, but it's worth a try.

Lmfao!

I got one too!!!!

images.jpeg

A couple weeks ago I came home with 2 18.5" Bar-B-Kettles and a 22.5" Red Performer. I had to move the New Braunfels offset and another kettle out to my shed to make room for the latest projects. I was unloading them when the wife and kids pull up- I'm busted, all three of them arms folded shakin' their heads thinking I've lost my mind. Then the other day I'm trolling CL and I see another NB offset for $20 and my wife is looking in saying "don't even think about it". So I'm in a holding pattern also- unless an 18.5 Platinum Performer is calling my name!

Back