ABTs

Rpf41978

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi all,
I made these ABTs earlier this week. I only got the pictures of the before product as they were pretty much gone before I could take any after pictures.
I mixed cream cheese with some of my rub and about a half cup of chopped yellow onion. I wrapped these in bacon, sprinkled a little more rub and tossed on the pit for about an hour and fifteen minutes. I didn't add a sauce at the end this time, but the raspberry chipotle sauces seem rather tasty.
I'm thinking next time I want to add some tomatoes (or Rotel) and some sweet corn to the mix.
Any recommendations on additional ingredients that work well with these?

Thanks!

Attachments

• ABT2.jpg
    ABT2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 261
  • ABT1.jpg
    ABT1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 261
Ground sausage added to the mix (I usually use 70% shredded sharp cheddar to 30% cream cheese). Not a fan of all cream cheese abt's.

Looks good. Thank you for sharing.

I crumble up cooked Italian Sausage with my cream cheese and green onion to stuff into my ABTs. Love the flavor. :clap2:

I crumble up cooked Italian Sausage with my cream cheese and green onion to stuff into my ABTs. Love the flavor. :clap2:

That sounds awesome. I'm making some to take to some friends' house tonight, I think I'll add your suggestion. Thanks!

Yup I also do 1 pound Jimmy Dean sausage mixed (cooked and still warm) with 1 block of cream cheese a little parm cheese too an stuff away.

my favorite way to make them is with some sweet jelly mixed with the cream cheese. (not very much. I also precook the bacon a little bit and put a sliver of a little smoky in the boat as well.

Back