Culinary Adventures on the High Plains - w/ Pr0n!

Trompo is built!

Vn3Upsyh.jpg

jiAzfmih.jpg

mJSZmfMh.jpg

Time to get the kettle fired up.

Great weekend by the looks, that bottle empty yet?
Nice hack on the Pan,

... that bottle empty yet?

Ha! No, but I like where your mind is. Too hot here for whisky, so I'm on the Mexican beer with Valentina's Hot Sauce and Lime Juice on the can lid for a bit longer.

Nice hack on the Pan,

Thanks. It won't hold the juices nearly as well, but I figure it's a good first attempt.

Everything's on the grill. Indirect via fire bricks instead of the Vortex. Running 325-350F.

ZbMYNCMh.jpg

So far, so good.

DSQ2sU5h.jpg

I've done a little trimming here and there. First time getting down to the pineapple. Pushed the trimmings away from the heat, even as I turned the lot every 15-20 min.

Z6xLXAxh.jpg

I pinched a small bit after this most recent turn/slice. :shock:

It's never too hot for whiskey! But I do like where this cook is going!

Does it help if I've transitioned to proper Mai Tais with orgeat syrup and 2 types of rum?

I'm trying to save the good tequila for CINCHOUSE, as she'll probably want a Paloma when she wakes, and we're running low on stuff we don't typically carry on-hand.

Holding 275 - 325F

Another trim, then quick taste.

atgs7yih.jpg

Wow. This is ridiculous.

Unexpected dinner guests inbound. :shock:

Pr0n may not follow. :roll: :tsk:

If you've not tried this.... you need to give it a whirl.

Updates as CINCHOUSE allows. :mod:

Best regards.

Hell yes brother!

An even cheaper option is this from Lowe's when in season for Thanksgiving and we're around the corner. I believe I paid $7.99 for it?

v0wEYsah.jpg

Together with my PBC turkey hanging rod but you can substitute the rod IF needed

AMqGeZlh.jpg

You did not disappoint with that cook. Hope everyone ate well and had a good time on the High Plains. Until our next adventure.....

Epilogue - Guests just departed the fix.

Wow. That worked like a champ. Did a small amount of chopping, then into a bowl for serving. Not much left after tonight's dinner. 2-3 lbs is perfect to feed 4-5 adults.

CINCHOUSE whipped up fresh guacamole and served calabacitas fresh out of the cast iron.

Sako, you made out even better than I did, but I do like the fact that I can cut some off, and let it sit in the juices for a while.

If anyone left hungry tonight, they had to work at it.

Y'all have a great week.

Back