• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Burger.

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I finally had a chance to grind some fresh burgers last night using my new Kitchen Aid mixer and grinding attachment. I think I'm gonna like this thing. Nothing real fancy here but I did get a chance to use the Oakridge Black Ops I got from Mike. It was great on the burgers and I can't wait to try it on some brisket.

I used chuck, what types of meat do you guys like to use for making burgers?

Here's some pr0n.

DSC_0975_zpsff7ed8a1.jpg

DSC_0978_zps53bed39f.jpg

DSC_0980_zps873865c2.jpg

I'll sign up for that!
Question...what is on the right of those burgers on the grill?

It's a smoked up oven therm, right?

Looks fantastic! :clap2: And as stated, it really doesn't get much better than a home grilled burger. I also use chuck. I think I've used short rib mixed in there as well. Basically, whatever little bits I've got in the freezer end up in there.

Well now the fuse is lit, and it ain't going out till I grill me some burgers and get out the tater tots I have in the freezer. :whoo:

It's a smoked up oven therm, right?

Looks fantastic! :clap2: And as stated, it really doesn't get much better than a home grilled burger. I also use chuck. I think I've used short rib mixed in there as well. Basically, whatever little bits I've got in the freezer end up in there.

Well now the fuse is lit, and it ain't going out till I grill me some burgers and get out the tater tots I have in the freezer. :whoo:

Ever fried tater tots in an oil and bacon grease mix? Try it. I dare ya.

I'll sign up for that!
Question...what is on the right of those burgers on the grill?

Yep those guys ^^^ are right, it's my banged up oven thermo. I don't know why I even put it in there. I didn't look at it and even if I did you can't see what the fark it says anymore. :crazy:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
To be clear, those are crispy crowns, we prefer them over regular tater tots. They really are "crispier".

Looks fantastic!! I got the KA attachment about a year ago. Nothing beats fresh ground chuck for me. By the way, I'm sure you figured this out, but if you cut the meat into strips and freeze it for about 45 minutes, it goes through the grinder MUCH more quickly and easily.

Looks fantastic!! I got the KA attachment about a year ago. Nothing beats fresh ground chuck for me. By the way, I'm sure you figured this out, but if you cut the meat into strips and freeze it for about 45 minutes, it goes through the grinder MUCH more quickly and easily.

I think I remember hearing about the feezing thing before. I did cut it into strips and that worked great. It was only about 1.5lbs and it came straight from the fridge so it went pretty smoothly. I'll keep the slightly frozen thing in mind for a larger batch. :thumb:

Ever fried tater tots in an oil and bacon grease mix? Try it. I dare ya.

:crazy: <--- not for the idea, but for the thought that I haven't done that multiple times! :tsk:

To be clear, those are crispy crowns, we prefer them over regular tater tots. They really are "crispier".

I hear ya. Tots is just what I have in the freezer. Maybe I'll get the potato pills next. :hungry:

I hear ya. Tots is just what I have in the freezer. Maybe I'll get the potato pills next. :hungry:

Potato pills...I like it, has a nice ring to it. Nothing wrong with tater tots either, I still have much love for the tot.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back