BBQ Brethren "Cheesesteak - The Philly Way" Throwdown!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Banner.gif
Our new category is called...

[size=+2]"Cheesesteak - The Philly Way!"[/size]
philly+cheese+steak1.jpg

Oh yeah, baby!

...as chosen by SmokinAussie, the winner of the No Bones About It Throwdown!

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING!
SmokinAussie said:
Faaaaaark!

Admiral Bigibyte SIR! Reporting for duty SIR!

I farking WON SIR! :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

What a farking fluke! :becky:

Anyway, I have a very good new TD Idea!... OK Here we go!

It's called "CHEEESESTEAK! The Philly Way!" I look around all the time, on the web and TV for regional US foods. I love the incredible regionalism of the US... where in some places, it's like you might walk across the street, and the restaurant here, can't do it the proper way like the restaurant over there!!!! It's bloody crazy, but it's the way it is... Anyway, I hear that if you live just a few miles out of a certain area in Philly, then you can't make a Philly Cheesesteak!!!:mad:

Well, HOGWASH I SAY!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2: Especially with our expert backyard Cheeeeeze WIZ Chefs! SO Brethren, Lets show Philly that they don't have this wonderful sammich all to themselves! We brethren can do a Philly Cheesesteak anywhere in the country, or anywhere in the world! Just make sure the standard rules apply... WHATEVER you put in your Cheezesteak, has had to have been smoked or grilled... yeah... special farkin rules:drama:... but you CAN use a crockpot to warm up the meat later in a broth if you absolutley have to!:thumb:

Cheers Brudders and Let the Philly Phun Begin!

Bill

Sounds easy enough!:thumb:

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 9/14 through Sunday 9/23.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 9/24.

Before submitting an entry to this Throwdown, make sure you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Oooooo, i was born in the Philly burbs. I knows what dey tastes like. :heh:

Now, getting the real deal bread-rolls is the hard part.

CD

Oh look, I can get Amoroso's rolls from Amazon.com...

for 75 BUCKS. :shock:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Amoroso-Hoagie-Rolls/dp/B000FZYX62"]Amoroso Hoagie Rolls: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food[/ame]

CD

Really? Leave it to an Aussie to choose a dish for a BBQ throw down that cannot be properly made on anything but a flat top.
:pound:
I was already laughing when I saw Bob beat me to it....I believe Bill's cunningly given the Aussie griller a sneaky advantage!

:pound:

Wait...:shocked:.....I don't own one:Cry:

Nope... I think I've Shanghai'd myself this time!:shocked:

Bill, in case you haven't kept up with this thread, you've Shanghai'd everybody. Cheesesteak cooked "The Philly Way" is not grilled nor smoked. Forget the Cheesewhiz. Everybody gets DQ'ed, either by Rule #5 or by your special rule. Since there will be no voting thread and no winner, my question is who gets to call the next Throwdown. If only Moose were here to sort this mess out. :tsk:

Back