• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bradley Smoker

RubMeTender

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the Bradley Smokers that are disc fed? They seem efficient, but I'm skeptical.

I've got the Bradley original and it's been on the top shelf of my garage since about 3 months after I bought it. Mine is as close to worthless as it can be for the price. Asside from the fact that discs don't produce a good smoke ring, Bradley's at least my model, have a real hard time getting up to temp and maintaining. Plus you can't use them in competitions. If I wanted to cook with mine at 250 it would take it over an hour to get up to temp. No matter what, mine won't go above 250.

they work, i mean, they arent legal for competition, but my friends father has one, we've packed it out with about 10 racks of spares and they were just fine. for the price, u already have a lang, get a 22wsm

Bradley Smokers were sponsors of a friend of mine's hunting show. One of the employees cooked for us on an Iowa deer hunt and the food was decent. Nothing to really write home about. In no way am I saying it was the cooker, it had more to do with the chef.
As far as the smoker goes, I have seen others built better. It looked a little cheap to me, but it may have just been that particular one.
It wouldn't be high on my list, but that's just a personal opinion.

I don't need it for competition. Unless a bomb falls on my Lang tomorrow(which I honestly dont think would hurt it).
I was looking for something simple to cook chicken on.
Does everyone in the country have at least one WSM? I'm almost convinced of that after being on this forum.

If I could do it over, I would have spent a couple hundred more on the smallest Traeger.

Just out of curiosity, why would the Bradley be illegal at comps? It's not a gas heating element.

It is heated by coils on the very bottom though. The way I understand pellet cookers, the pellets provide the heat. In the bradley, the coils provide the heat.

I've used the smoke generator to cold smoke some cheese (the third one shipped arrived in working condition). It works ok. No experience with the cooker.

Ony things that they are good for is fish and cheese. The rest goes in the spicewine.

I have a Bradley for home that I use all the time. It works great with combos of different woods. I mix the discs of different woods in the stack. No problem going to 300 degrees.
Works great to set it and forget it, just like a pellet cooker.

The Bradley, Like any other tool, can do it's intended job just fine. Yes, it has it's problems, but I have cooked up a lot of good food on it.

I have several people who will not buy ribs anymore, they have been spoiled on mine!

The plastic parts draw a vacuum!

ribs_05_03_09a.jpg

IMG_0208.JPG

My dad has had one for about 3 years now, and loves it. He has cranked out plenty of good food on it.

For those with the Bradley, what is the cost of fuel?
$ per hour or something like that.

Just curious.

TIM

I've got the Bradley original and it's been on the top shelf of my garage since about 3 months after I bought it. Mine is as close to worthless as it can be for the price. Asside from the fact that discs don't produce a good smoke ring, Bradley's at least my model, have a real hard time getting up to temp and maintaining. Plus you can't use them in competitions. If I wanted to cook with mine at 250 it would take it over an hour to get up to temp. No matter what, mine won't go above 250.

I had mine for about 3 months and spent quite a bit on it, gave it away the biggest piece of crud that I had the food tasted so bad I could never eat it.

I had one and used it twice before I sold it. I didn't like the way my food came out after it was cooked in the Bradley.

For those with the Bradley, what is the cost of fuel?
$ per hour or something like that.

Just curious.

TIM

48 discs per box @ $20.00
.41 each x 3 per hour = $1.23
plus electric - 500 watt heating element and 125 watt smoking element

All this talk made me start mine up, two boneless pork loins going right now.

48 discs per box @ $20.00
.41 each x 3 per hour = $1.23
plus electric - 500 watt heating element and 125 watt smoking element

All this talk made me start mine up, two boneless pork loins going right now.

Thanks for the numbers.

Enjoy those loins.

TIM

Back