• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Call out for Season 5 BBQ Pitmasters

Okie Sawbones

Banned
Reaction score
Pitmasters… start your fires for Season Five of Destination America’s hit series, BBQ Pitmasters!

Once again, Destination America/Original Media is putting out the call to smokers from America’s legendary BBQ cities! Pitmasters with wild personalities and unbeatable skills at the smoker in the states of Texas, Tennessee, Missouri, North Carolina, and Georgia* are challenged to duke it out for a chance at a $50,000 Grand Prize and bragging rights as the undisputed Season Five BBQ Pitmasters Grand Champion!
*If you’re not from one of the regions listed, never fear! Throw your hat in for the Wild Card Episode- open to Pitmasters from all over the states!

VIDEO SUBMISSIONS:

• Interested Pitmasters and their team should prepare a high energy, entertaining, and impressive video showing off your competitive, zestful, in-it-to-win-it personalities- we want to know why you’re the Pitmaster to beat!
  • We especially want to know why the ‘Que you’re cooking up is the best in YOUR region. For example, if you are in Georgia, tell us what “Georgia BBQ” is supposed to be and how you smoke up the best!
  • Upload your video and send the link to BBQPitmasterscasting@gmail.com with TEAM NAME – LEAD PITMASTER LAST NAME – CITY as the subject line (ex: HOTPANTS SMOKERS – JOHNSON – AUSTIN TX).
  • Be sure to provide a good contact phone number in the email, as well as a picture of you and your teammate.
  • If your video convinces us that you are going to go all the way, we will contact you with the next steps!
The final deadline for video submissions is January 10th, 2014, so don’t waste any time!

Original Media
C/O BBQ Pitmasters
Attn Brian Small
175 Varick St, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10014

Which is more important the "wild personalities" or the ability to actually cook bbq? Just curious

"a high energy, entertaining, and impressive video showing off your competitive, zestful, in-it-to-win-it personalities- we want to know why you’re the Pitmaster to beat!"
Based on some of the competitors in the past, I would say that you need to be all of the above for sure. If you can cook, that would be even better!

Which is more important the "wild personalities" or the ability to actually cook bbq? Just curious

I guess people like Rod Gray, David Bouska, Jamie Greer, Stump McDowell, TrueBud BBQ team, and many others are known for their "wild personalities" over their ability to cook. :deadhorse:

• Thanks
Reactions: bam
I guess people like Rod Gray, David Bouska, Jamie Greer, Stump McDowell, TrueBud BBQ team, and many others are known for their "wild personalities" over their ability to cook. :deadhorse:

I absolutely did not say that and take exception to you implying that I did. I personally know several of the individuals you mentioned and have nothing but respect for them.

I absolutely did not say that and take exception to you implying that I did. I personally know several of the individuals you mentioned and have nothing but respect for them.

I think aawa was meaning that Rod is not exactly what you would call a 'wild personality' like that dude that beat his smoker and shot the judges the bird. Rod is pretty reserved. He sure as hell can cook.

Back