White butcher paper vs red!

Daggs

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
What are your thoughts? It's some what thick.

4C59F17A-9002-47C3-BB5E-935D4D622227-3392-000006240E572C79.jpg

It says bleed through protection.That means one side is shiny smooth=plastic coated.Do not use for cooking.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
For any and all of my cooks, I'd like to try to replicate a Franklin brisket.

I used the white paper a couple of weeks ago and was very happy with the results... sorry no PRON

I can't get butcher paper in my area, but I can get brown paper sacs and they work just fine. My Ma and My Granny used to cook turkey in brown sacs every year at T'givn, so I figured what the hell..... all I will say is them sacs are free( paper or plastic?) the brisket don't know the difference.

It says bleed through protection.That means one side is shiny smooth=plastic coated.Do not use for cooking.

Not sure I agree with this.

I have (I believe) the exact same stuff at home (at least I bought mine at Sam's) and used it as recently as this past weekend. It's NOT shiny on one side and is NOT coated with anything, especially wax, but it sure does hold moisture and does not bleed through.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the roll you have there.
I've not used the red paper, but have used that white unwaxed butcher paper quite a bit. It's good stuff.

My company makes this stuff and it's extruded plastic coated. Good for the freezer bad for cooking.
Finally someone sets the record straight. All this talk about wanting to replicate franklins brisket, BUY THE RIGHT STUFF! no cutting corners
Red colored butcher paper and alleviate all questions. It's gonna run close to $60 for the good stuff but its gonna last years
3E963704-009F-4674-AC23-2A34CD3859DB-313-0000003FBA38A009.jpg

Item # 19236RB from thermal solutions international
Go to the website, go to the bottom right hand corner, click POS supplies, click colored butcher paper, click 36"x1000 and add it to your cart, run your card, cook the best brisket of your life, problem solved

Finally someone sets the record straight. All this talk about wanting to replicate franklins brisket, BUY THE RIGHT STUFF! no cutting corners
Red colored butcher paper and alleviate all questions. It's gonna run close to $60 for the good stuff but its gonna last years
3E963704-009F-4674-AC23-2A34CD3859DB-313-0000003FBA38A009.jpg

Item # 19236RB from thermal solutions international

You need to plug your phone in buddy. Just trying to be helpful :D

I bought my red roll directly from a Texas joint that uses it. Less than $25 and no shipping. Can't hurt to ask the pit boss. :mrgreen:

Just saying there's a huge difference between butcher paper and freezer paper just so u all know.

I bought the 1000' 24" roll of red from POS Paper. Sure shipping is pricey, but the whole thing didn't cost much more than one brisket, and I just made the best brisket I ever have using it. Dont regret it for a second. 997' till my next order... :)

I bought the 1000' 24" roll of red from POS Paper. Sure shipping is pricey, but the whole thing didn't cost much more than one brisket, and I just made the best brisket I ever have using it. Dont regret it for a second. 997' till my next order... :)

:decision: you got it brotha, smoke on!

Back