Should I sell my Chargriller and Get a Weber Kettle??

Philly-QueMaster

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I was thinking of selling my chargriller and getting a 22.5 Weber Kettle in its place. I posted an ad on craigslist for $75 and have a couple of interested buyers....but now I'm torn about selling it. I wanted to get a Weber Kettle because I can use the dome lid on my UDS I'm building. I don't have enough space to keep a UDS...Chargriller...and a Weber Kettle. Do you all think going with the Weber Kettle would be a good idea? The weber kettles seem pretty versatile....being able to cook high and fast....and low and slow. So what do all the bretheren think? Here are some pics of my Chargriller too.

Attachments

• DSC03172.jpg
    DSC03172.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC03170.jpg
    DSC03170.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC03168.jpg
    DSC03168.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 276
I've got both a Chargriller and a Weber kettle. Use them both a lot. If I had to choose, it would be the Weber that stays.

I would keep both, but, since you can't, take the $75 and get the Weber. Then get that UDS built asap.

The only option is both. Is this some type of trick question or what?

keep them both if you can. i use my chargriller as a rottis machine. but yea, if i had to keep only one it would be the kettle.

I was on craigslist two days ago-Maine New Hampshire, Mass. There were at least 5 kettles on there for under 50 bones. Just buy a kettle.

Its not about price....

I have seen used 22.5 weber kettles on craigslist in my area for about $50. So my thoughts were to sell the chargriller for $75 and buy a weber. I would love to keep both but really don't have a place to store it. Once I have a shed built out back I can start to collect different smokers. Also I have already built one UDS and used it a few times and loved it. Gave it to a friend last week for a birthday present. I'm sure he'll be hooked on smoking now. Thanks everyone who responded....looks like going with the kettle is the way to go.

Patrick

The kettle is more versatile but definitely smaller. You'll need both to entertain and cure cravings that overcome you while looking through the meat section..

I have both, but prefer the Weber. I rotis frequently myself and got the extension ring and basket from www.ezqueinc.com
There are a number of mods that can be done to the Chargriller to make it more efficent, but I have'nt tried any of them yet.

Good luck

Waddaya mean you don't have room to store it? I see backyard space behind the Chargriller, right next to the Turkey Fryer base. They make covers for all of these things, or get a big blue plastic tarp and cover them all. Someday you will thank me for this...

I have a chargriller smokin' Pro (SFB). I thinks its going to go bye-bye in favor of the Weber 26 3/4" kettle.

Get a kettle from CL and restore it. Keep the Chargriller. If after 6 months you find you aren't using one of them and want space back, sell the one you aren't using on CL. In the meantime, get to work on your UDS...

Unlike some others here, I love my Chargriller. I'd get the kettle and keep the CG too. As a matter of fact, that's what I'm planning to do soon...

Keep the char griller !

Way more cooking space, expecially when cooking indirect. The cast iron grates are a big plus of the char griller, especially with the easy access to the charcoal. Then theres the firebox, second level warming rack, thermometer ( not the best but better than none on the kettle), being able to adjust the height of the fire grate and so on.
A char griller needs a little TLC but otherwise is a great cooker for that money and definately performs better than the standart Weber Kettle.

Buy a lid for the UDS and keep that char griller.

DM

I agree with the last couple of guys. I love my chargriller. Never had a kettle but cant imagine trading them out.

Back