Had a Canadian Break the Law

tommykendall

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
So I've been in Toronto nearly 2 weeks. As my luck had it, this indoor go kart race track across the street from the office has a sign out.. "brickyard BBQ now open". Thought to myself - can't be. Went there last week - first day 'open' for business, but no Q. Actually they had some great grilled chicken with BBQ sauce. One of the owners said that "next week" they would have an expanded menu with smoked ribs. I asked for the Pit Bitch. A guy named Reuben came out we talked the chit about Q for awhile. He formerly competed under some team name with the word "fox" in it. Anyhoot, he showed me the cooker - a big farking vintage Cookshack. Nice unit. He explained that he needed some electrical work done in the room where the cooker is, vent installed, fire dept inspection. All this should have been done before they opened so he was pissed about having to wait to cook. So I was buggin the chit out of him every day. Finished the electrical, the vent, and on Wednesday this week the fire inspectors didn't like something so they said "no go". Reuben happened to have a dozen racks of BBs prepped and rubbed waiting for them to give the green light. After the news from the fire dept, he gave them the 'ol SoCal double salute and cooked the ribs Wednesday night. He was so farking excited doing it too. Went there yesterday for lunch. He did a fine job but not quite enough smoke flavour for me. I guess he had to tone it down for the bland taste buds up here. You should have heard him yesterday talkng to me about it - he said "I broke the farking law for you dude". :evil: So anyway - I'l be back tomorrow after work for some ribs and beers with him. Just my luck!! I checked the internet and BBQ doesn't seem to have much of a niche here yet something opened in front of my face.

Toronto sounds like a great business opportunity for someone who's willing to move there. Wasn't our first female member, Cindy, from Toronto? She's got a gold mine waiting to be opened.

But what the hell you doing at a BBQ joint when that town is loaded with strip clubs....so I'm told.

brdbbq said:
But what the hell you doing at a BBQ joint when that town is loaded with strip clubs....so I'm told.

I heard they call em shakers. Just what I heard.

brdbbq said:

That is called the "Canadian Ballet", last I heard :lol:
Probably just a rumor :redface:

TIM

Canadian Stripper? What do they strip down to? Their thermals?

Bigmista said:
Canadian Stripper? What do they strip down to? Their thermals?

UH...no :lol:
Canada is not "bashful" with their laws. :lol:

TIM

Kevin said:
I heard they call em shakers. Just what I heard.

I'm hittin one Sat after work and lunch. There's like 2 that I know of within a mile of where I'm working. Farking hijackers - miss yas though. :wink:

brdbbq said:

Strippin' , Dancin' piglets maybe?

Outlaw BBQ.

There is a Canadian show on Foodtv where a designer and a chef renovate an existing restaurant. Some of the filthy crap they have showed made me wonder about Canadian health dept laws.

Roaches, cracked dirty floors, filthy fryers, grease covered vent hood and electrical hookups guaranteed to burnt the place down or electricute the cook.

Back