A Fatties - does anyone make their own

John, do you have a meat grinder? If so, I like to keep the rib and any other pork trimmings until I have enough to make my own fresh sausage. Works great for many things...especially fatties.

Tim

Yes I do & now with a number of recipes to try I'm going to be busy. Thank you Brethren.
John

Here is my maple sausage recipe, it's pretty good. I form patties with it but it can definitely be made into a fatty.
breakfastsausage1.jpg

http://www.tailgatejoe.com/homemade-maple-breakfast-sausage/

Sorry, link was screwed up, here ya go
http://www.tailgatejoe.com/homemade-maple-breakfast-sausage/

Nice website!!! Now I'm gonna try to make some Breakfast Sausage. I really like that Coleman Deep Frier. Put that on the want list.

Thanks, the interwebz stuff is what I do 9-5, in case anyone needs that stuff, lol. The coleman frier works well. We outgrew it and have been using bigger setups now, but for small groups like most everyone else it works great.

Thanks for sharing the recipes bludawg :thumb:

gonna try one of these this weekend..............

Yes I do & now with a number of recipes to try I'm going to be busy. Thank you Brethren.
John

I lived in Alice Springs for 6 years. Couldn't get decent breakfast sausage so I got my brother's recipie which seems pretty close to the ones already posted here. Had a local butcher make me 10 kilos in half kilo packages with the spices I provided. Some of my American friends tried it and in a few days I was out of sausage. Went back to the butcher a few days later with another bag of spices and ordered another 10 kilos. When I came back to pick it up there were only 19 packages. I went back to the butchers a few days later to pick up some steaks and Peter, the owner, comes up to me and asked for the recipie. Seems they kept one package of my last order and grilled it up for smoko. Turns out the Aussie butchers really liked American breakfast sausage.

Last I heard Milner meats in Alice springs was still selling it.

Back