• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My new mini(no pics)

kls44

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
A week ago I came across a nib Smokey Joe Sliver for $10 on Craigslist, so had to get it. Ordered the Vasconia pot from Wal-Mart, got it Sat.
Drilled what seemed like a half a million 1/2" holes in the bottom. Got the screws for the grate and the thermo mounted. Test run today, did great.
Used two layers of briquettes and couple small chunks of pecan, came to 250* about 8:00 and ran to till 5:00 before ashes started chocking the can with 8 1/2" holes I put over the vent, will try lump next time. Stuffed a fatty with red, yellow and green peppers, mushrooms and Mexican 4 cheeses for first cook, came out great. This thing will be nice for small cooks.

Y'all are gonna make me make a mini WSM, aren't you?!?!

Good on you for taking the plunge, and welcome to your new addiction. Glad to hear it worked well.

Matt

I'd make one if I could find the fabled $10 Smokey Joe here. In this rural area, unicorn tears are easier to find!

I'd make one if I could find the fabled $10 Smokey Joe here. In this rural area, unicorn tears are easier to find!

I'm on the other end. Getting one of those vasconia pots up to Canukistan costs almost up to $90 from amazon :mad:

Back