View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
dinosdeuce
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyJonz View Post
I'd go vertical but cut it down to 42" to 48" and put a 3" pipe dead center in top for exhaust - probally 10" tall. 2 Doors with 3-4 removable cooking racks plus a difusser rack. Have a fire grate or basket about 4-6" off the bottom and difusser/water pan 12-18" above that. Like a Tall, thick walled UDS with doors And I would definatley post pics of the Build and first Cook!
SmittyJonz,
Thanks for the input and links to pictures. I very much appreciate your input. The other place had me second guessing everything. I will post pictures along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwfisk View Post
Here is a vertical build my son & I did not long ago.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=162551
Your pipe is much heavier so I don't expect you will have the issues we had. IMO the heavy baffle plate is essential. It cooks great on charcoal or small splits and the footprint is only 26"d.
You have me all fired up to get going on this build.

I will cut the length to 48" per SmittyJonz's input to this project and try to get the doors cut out today, don't know for sure because my cheap plasma took a dump on me cleaning up the one end. So for now a 4 1/2" grinder with a cutting wheel installed will be my tool of choice. Although not a good one for 1/4" wall.

Thanks all for the advice!

Dino
dinosdeuce is offline   Reply With Quote