What am I not thinking about?

energyzer

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
First time doing a cook for a group. I am going to plan for 30 guys for a men's group. Full day event. I'm thinking about doing pulled pork. I'm looking for amount suggestions on everything.
Raw pork...20 lbs.
Baked beans__________?
Buns_________?
Maybe cole slaw?___________?
Plates
Forks
Spoons
Napkins
Cups

Easy snack suggestions?
Coffee
Cold drinks?

What else should I be thinking about?

I would do three 1/2 size disposable pans of beans (probably 3 #10 cans + whatever your gonna doctor them up with), and 6-8 lbs of slaw. Depending on appetites (always a wild card), and the size bun you get, 4 dozen should cover it, unless your doing slider size portions. I almost always do a fruit tray, and Sam's Club sells 50ct boxes of snack size chips for around $12.00.

I would do at least 40lbs of raw weight, that should yield around 20lbs cooked or .6 lbs per person. I recently did 16lbs raw weight for a party of 20, men and women 18-50 years of age. Some were big eaters, others small, some chose to drink their meal as the booze was flowing. There were enough leftovers for 2 sammies. Sides included beans, potato salad, mac and cheese, and a pasta salad.

Does full day event mean you might have hungry guys twice that day? Maybe you want something to munch on later in the day/night.

Back