ECB got a workout today (pr0n included, i hope)

D

dan09554

Today was my first cook on my ECB I picked up yesterday. All said and done I'm very happy with the results. I had trouble keeping the heat. I did have the water pan that was filled with homebrew. As the beer evaporated the temp climbed, so I didnt replenish with so much beer. Seemed to work. I used hickory chunks and some apple chips. The wife was very happy with the results. Achieved a smokering--a small one, which I wasn't able to do when I tried to smoke a brisket and a pork butt on my gasser.

I hope the pr0n attachments work, Not so computer savvy

Attachments

• stuffed porkloin.jpg
    stuffed porkloin.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 170
  • sliced stuffed porkloin.jpg
    sliced stuffed porkloin.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 169
  • smoked sausage.jpg
    smoked sausage.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 170
  • smoked sausage2.jpg
    smoked sausage2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 169
  • smoked sausage3.jpg
    smoked sausage3.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 168
  • moinkballs.jpg
    moinkballs.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 169
I got the idea from a post I read this morning from AJP. Wasn't ready to tackle the bacon weave just yet. I was intimidated enough with this cook. Thanks for the nice comments.

Looks great! Never thought of putting beer in the water pan.

I gotta drag out the ECB again soon. Great lookin grub!

Great cook - beer in the pan... hmmm :decision:- think it would have wound up in my belly :icon_blush:

@Qing-There definitely was beer in the belly...Isn't it a law that an adult beverage should be cosumed while q'ing??
@El Ropo-The pork was very tasty. There was only a small part that was too dry for my liking. The rest was very moist and tender

Really interested in why you filled your water pan with homebrew? Did I miss something? Or did your beer have a bad fermentation or was it just a bad recipe? I cant imagine pouring any of my beer into a smoker, unless maybe all the drippings and rendered beer were going to be turned into gravy. Besides that your food looks spot on and delicious:clap2:

Bigfoot beer was just fine. I've read a few posts on here about trying different things. I tried beer. Just happened to be a homebrew, as you'll never find a bud, miller or coors here. It was a kolsch, Didn't give a very noticable difference to the pork, but I did notice some flavor in the sausage. Thanks for the nice comments on the food.

Glad the ECB worked out for you..I've owned one for years and have used it maybe 1-2 times..Just didn't like it. But my uds, I love!!

And meat looks awesome. Glad you had better luck with it than me.

brickie

I'm trying to convince the wife that the UDS is the way to go. I figured I would "cut my teeth" on this. Best way to convince her is to turn out the best "Q" I can.

I got the idea from a post I read this morning from AJP. Wasn't ready to tackle the bacon weave just yet. I was intimidated enough with this cook. Thanks for the nice comments.

Glad I could give you an idea to try. Did you like it? Now for the next one try some new stuff inside.

AJP, The pork was amazing. I'll be doing that again. It was very moist and full of great flavor. I did put some onion in this as well. What would you recommend to stuff it with. I'm sure most anything will work.

Back