Contest Announcment Norwalk CT Bar*B*Q Pit September 11 -13, 2009

U

utopiacsp

Thirty days to go…The BBQ Pit @ the Norwalk Oyster Festival becomes a reality…. we are very excited here in Norwalk, CT about our first BBQ / Grilling contest. The event is located at Veterans Park on Long Island Sound and we expect over 40,000 to attend the 33d annual Norwalk Oyster Festival.

The BBQ Pit event… over $20,000 in cash prizes guaranteed… 20’x 20’ sites…on site parking….prizes paid to the 10th place…. easily accessible water & electricity at your site….cash prizes for best site, three people’s choice awards… with cash prizes… KCBS & NEBS certified… certified Connecticut Championship….. 100% certified judges…. free oysters…. welcome dinner, Friday night…. full breakfast Saturday AND Sunday morning…. shuttle vehicles for the “I forgot to get” store runs… We have openings available …… sign up now, no late fee charges…check us out at www.NorwalkBBQ.com…… for questions contact us at info@NorwalkBBQ.com

How Many Teams Signed up so far.

Thirty days to go…The BBQ Pit @ the Norwalk Oyster Festival becomes a reality…. we are very excited here in Norwalk, CT about our first BBQ / Grilling contest. The event is located at Veterans Park on Long Island Sound and we expect over 40,000 to attend the 33d annual Norwalk Oyster Festival.

The BBQ Pit event… over $20,000 in cash prizes guaranteed… 20’x 20’ sites…on site parking….prizes paid to the 10th place…. easily accessible water & electricity at your site….cash prizes for best site, three people’s choice awards… with cash prizes… KCBS & NEBS certified… certified Connecticut Championship….. 100% certified judges…. free oysters…. welcome dinner, Friday night…. full breakfast Saturday AND Sunday morning…. shuttle vehicles for the “I forgot to get” store runs… We have openings available …… sign up now, no late fee charges…check us out at www.NorwalkBBQ.com…… for questions contact us at info@NorwalkBBQ.com

I think at lasy count there 22 with a dozen verbals - we're guessing based on phone calls and verbals to be about 35 total

Bar*B*Q, Pit Norwalk CT September 11 -13

Spent a lot of time planning this with the teams wants & needs in mind. Got rid of the late fee, added a chowder cook off. It's going to be a great weekend. Looking forward to seeing you there.

greg

I think at lasy count there 22 with a dozen verbals - we're guessing based on phone calls and verbals to be about 35 total

Your Lasy count does not add up...

Perhaps your entry fee is tooo.....high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verbals don't count.................!!!!!

You have 22...period!!!! Have a nice contest!!!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

WTF??? Am I part of the 22<G>???!!!
Nancee

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Greg
What are the rules for the chowda contest? As we start building this thing next weekend, I am getting psyched!!!
Nancee

Spent a lot of time planning this with the teams wants & needs in mind. Got rid of the late fee, added a chowder cook off. It's going to be a great weekend. Looking forward to seeing you there.

greg

We will be there. I want a piece of that 20k prize money. I am not sure why anybody wouldn't???? I paid 250 for a comp and got 40 for third place brisket.

Also looking forward to this, sounds like it will be a great event, competitor friendly, and it doesn't hurt that it is only 20 minutes away!
dave
red planet bbq

The Traveling BBQ Circus will be attending, and cooking whole hog with a special guest :-D

does anybody know if the oyster fest has a web site? is there music at the oyster fest? (Nancee do you know?)
dave

does anybody know if the oyster fest has a web site? is there music at the oyster fest? (Nancee do you know?)
dave
nevermind, In answered my own question. Yesterday when I searched it I couldn't find it.:roll:
Chuck Wicks country music singer friday night 9pm
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Saturday 9m
Beatlemania Sunday 6pm

In addition, we will also have a stage set up for bands to play in the competition area all weekend long. There is also a dinner on Friday night for all competitors and their team members and breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning and, of course, Oysters.....Though you will be working hard for a piece of that 20k...we want to make sure that you have fun, too... If you have any other questions...please feel free to contact me at johnv@norwalkbbq.com

Went Sour

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Cliff,
Up until recently, you were very positive about our event....what happened to make you go sour on us? The prizes remain the same dollar amount regardless of the number of competitors...Why wouldn't you be in???? Even if you place seventh in all KCBS categories...you would win back your entry fee. To sweeten the pot, the chicken wing competition on Friday night pays $500 to the first place winner and we supply the wings!!!!! Please check the prize payout at our website and you will see the many opportunities to win! You are a local guy and this should be right up your alley. What is it going to take to get you in? Understand, too, that this is charity event and all our proceeds go to the prevention of child abuse. Help us make this a grand event! Please feel free to contact me at JOHNV@NORWALKBBQ.COM and we can make this happen for you and anyone else who is interested.
Yours in BBQ
John Vuoso
Norwalk BBQ Pit
Proud Member of The Norwalk Exchange Club

I have already signed up and wondering if the wings for friday nights contest are provided by norwalkbbq or do we bring our own? How is the wing competition judged (only peoples choice?)?
Also do you provide the clams for the chowder cook-off?

Back