• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The Fiery Furnace gets...well...Fiery

chambersuac

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Getting ready for a benefit cook next week (anyone in the area is welcome to join us cooking and/or eating) I decided to clean/fire up and cook on my trailered smoker (the Fiery Furnace). Started great 225-250 fire with lump and oak and a little hickory. Meat on - four hours in I decided to bump the temp. I guess I hadn't cleaned it out enough as much to my surprise, a bit later I had a massive grease fire. Thank the Lord that I was able to save the brisket and butt...(or so I think).

Wish I had pics...no wait, no I don't. No pics, didn't happen, right???

So....I'm thinking about towing it to the car wash this week and spraying her out. Thoughts? Good idea, or no???

Sounds like a good plan to me. Most carwashes have a degreaser, and I've heard of many folks cleaning their trailers there. You probably will have to reseason though.

Matt

no pics = no fire:p
I would look inside and see how much grease is left, like Gore said it might be cleaned out!! The car wash is a good idea if you need it, might have to season it again.

I am with Gore, it way well be clean enough now. That brisket and butt will be fine, just throw some Big Butz sauce on it. :becky:

I am with Gore, it way well be clean enough now. That brisket and butt will be fine, just throw some Big Butz sauce on it. :becky:

Really? Why must you torture me with the taunting of the Big Butz sauce????? One day I'm gonna get some...one day...

Back