• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

HnF Brisky Help

Yeah my last one, which wasn't all that H or all that F was about 208°. I was pacing around the house, finding anything to do to distract me. :wacko:

YA, I've got to read up on that thread this evening.

I've been doing the VFD cooking for a few years now. About 10 of us get together and kick it all off around 8PM the night before. We do shifts and have it all sliced/chopped and ready to serve by 5PM the next day. If nothing else, I guess I could stick with the low and slow for that cook until I get this refined.

personally, i'd stick with low n slow. don't know what you're cooking on, but i would imagine it may be a challenge keeping your cook chamber up around 325*-350* with 30 briskets in it without practicing that.

personally, i'd stick with low n slow. don't know what you're cooking on, but i would imagine it may be a challenge keeping your cook chamber up around 325*-350* with 30 briskets in it without practicing that.

Cooking on Ol' Rusty!

SHe's handled 500 pounds of briskets for the last 12 years :grin:.

Many hot n fast people use butcher paper, not foil!

A thought on the probing and hot n fast. When cooking hot n fast, it generally takes a higher finishing temp to reach the "probe like butter" feel. So it may not have been quite done yet at 201. And if it didn't probe good at 190, or fall apart at 201, then it was not overcooked. Overcooked flats will fall apart when slicing.

Back