Yup cause it fits and I can. Other than that using a rotisserie does tend to make things a bit moister.

Nice lookin' smoker. Nothing like a little drippings on the barrel to let everyone know that it has "show and GO!! I can see putting three racks on there with that extension. We thought of a rotisserie for doing a wild turkey but I didn't have room on my barrel. What did you use the rotisserie for?

Skidder- just curious, why do you have a rotisserie?

If you ever have a chance to eat a Turkey that has been slow cooked on a rotisserie, you will remember it forever as the best turkey you have ever eaten. Even the legs will be moist :grin::grin::grin: :!:

Some new family members

A couple of things still need to be done on the UDS and TG but they're almost finished.
Didn't want to post pics untill they were REALLY done but heck....
Scored some lil' barrels today and I wanted to take a family picture,unfortunatly I think I'm gonna ditch the 2 light grey ones 'cause they have some plastic gunk on the bottom.
The rest looks ok.

Attachments

• SP_A0597.jpg
    SP_A0597.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,172
  • SP_A0585.jpg
    SP_A0585.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,157
  • SP_A0584.jpg
    SP_A0584.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,156
  • SP_A0588.jpg
    SP_A0588.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,155
  • SP_A0587.jpg
    SP_A0587.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,157
  • SP_A0592.jpg
    SP_A0592.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,160
  • SP_A0582.jpg
    SP_A0582.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2,251
  • SP_A0589.jpg
    SP_A0589.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,154
  • SP_A0591.jpg
    SP_A0591.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 2,248
  • SP_A0580.jpg
    SP_A0580.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,163
  • SP_A0598.jpg
    SP_A0598.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,161
A couple of things still need to be done on the UDS and TG but they're almost finished.
Didn't want to post pics untill they were REALLY done but heck....
Scored some lil' barrels today and I wanted to take a family picture,unfortunatly I think I'm gonna ditch the 2 light grey ones 'cause they have some plastic gunk on the bottom.
The rest looks ok.

Ypu must like the color yellow :biggrin:

Thanks Mark,that was a computer table indeed.
Found it next to my house sitting there and rotting.
I chopped the top part off and shortened the table part so the barrel could rest on it.
Gonna paint it black,mount a little piece of wood for a table,a handle so I can push and maybe change the wheels.

Attachments

• SP_A0423.jpg
    SP_A0423.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,193
  • SP_A0424.jpg
    SP_A0424.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,189
  • SP_A0425.jpg
    SP_A0425.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,190
Plank shelf,that's what I meant.
You can see on the previous page how easily I can mount it with the wholes being there allready.
As for the wheels,you're right.
Probably I'm gonna use this for in my own garden or on the schoolyard that's behind it.
If I'm gonna take that drum elsewhere I'm gonna use picnic table legs (those tables that you can fold out when you're on holidays with a camper).
It was my first idea but I found the computer desk and could'nt leave it there.
This is from our brother Niek who's also on the same project as I.
The legs are from a picnic table I guess,you can fold it up easy for transport.

Attachments

• IMG_0258.JPG
    IMG_0258.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,182
So I don't have time to go back thru all the posts........what do you guys use to run your digital meat probe into the smoker? Just under the lid, or will it then leak too much?

So I don't have time to go back thru all the posts........what do you guys use to run your digital meat probe into the smoker? Just under the lid, or will it then leak too much?

I drilled a hold in the side of mine and fed the probe through. You won't have a problem with leaking as long as you have a good exhaust on your lid.

Westernhunter just look a page or two back at my smoker. I use aluminum cable clamps. There cheap and you can run a few probes through them.

Niek's foldable/portable design is very practical. No reason it couldn't have a removable plank shelf too.

Very practical.
I'll tell him about the plank shelf if he didn't allready came up with it.
Brother Skidder showed some cool hinges on the previous page that'll mayby work on Niek's idea.

Skidder,

Sent you a PM. I did a search for cable clamps, and not seeing what you are running your probe through. I just come up with the clamps that hold wires and have a hole to put a screw through. Yours looks more like some sort of aluminum grommet.

Where can I find those?

Back