Happy Friday Brethren...What's Smokin' This Weekend?

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Friday Night Steak Night...tonight...Filets and Spuds on the BGE. Sunday...thirdeyes "no sugar" brisket...:p Have a great weekend folks! :biggrin:

I was planning on breaking my UDS in today, but it has been raining so I might wait until Sunday to do it. I am going to be cooking a butt and two fatties.

Firing up some pork chops on the Weber right now.

Breaking in the new UDS Saturday with 3 fatties, two butts and a slab of spares. Probably some MOINKS too... can't wait! Pron to come soon....

I'm craving some BCC. I'm craving the beer part the most. Kinda funny how you buy 12 pack of beer cause you need one can for the bird!:-D

Nothing...I'm heading out of town to go see...

Mötley Farkin' Crüe

Y'all have fun...I know I will.

Crüe-B-Cüe;864530 said:
Nothing...I'm heading out of town to go see...

Mötley Farkin' Crüe

Y'all have fun...I know I will.

Probably the best concert/show I've ever been too. The encore outdid the actual concert itself. Go to see them here a couple years ago. The house went nuts when this one came on................

In The Beginning and Shout at the Devil!!!​
I gave my folks a heart attack when I first played this song.:twisted:​

Have a good one!!​

Didn't mean to hijack.
attachment.php

Here's why I'm craving some BCC......................Thanks Sportsnut!! ;)

Friend of my wife and myself just had surgury, (double mastectomy w/reconstruction), and got home this week. Her husband's a great guy but left to his own devices he'd probably starve, so........

two chickens, quartered, as many racks as I can squeeze in the egg and two pastramis, (they're for me). My wife made 2 trays of stuffed shells to bring as well.

That oughta hold them for a few days anyway.

2 butts, and probably some moink balls and ABT's on the new UDS. I'm think of doing something different with the ABT's, just not sure what yet. :confused:

Tonight its the Church Fish dinner....

Fried or baked cod, batter fried shrimp, peel and eat shrimp, Weekly specials that alternate (lemon pepper tilipia, chipolte salmon) Also endless sides that vary (Corn, green beans, mac n cheese, slaw) Also for the kids there is cheese pizza with sides. Oh a dessert table with all the goodies.

I'm throwin a couple of butts on one of the WSMs. Been craving Q for far toooooo long.

Worst part of a cook for me is trying to decide which WSM to use.

Choices choices choices.

No Smoking of Meats or Food This Weekend...Dammit!!!
Weather is Chitty...Wind, Rain and or Snow.......
I will, however, be thawing some frozen smoked foodstuffs.....:biggrin:
Starting with Smoked Mac and Cheese....mmmmmm..Comfort Food!!!!

Cooking several turkeys, geese and maybe some pheasant for a wild game feed that is held in town every march. Once I smoke them off they are turned it a variety of dishes. Last year I think I did 5 or 6 turkeys and a dozen or more geese, don't know what the count is for this year.
Also need to cook up 6 racks of spares and a few chickens.
That ought to keep the spicebox going.

Sunday I will be throwing a turkey breast and two pork tenderloins on the UDS.

I would do it Saturday but my oldest son talked me into some polar-bear thing. Looks Like I have to jump into cold water down the jersey shore. I thought I was over that crap after years of breaking ice it get into the water in the Navy. Oh well, can't wimp out in front of the kids.

Tomorrow will be a Tri-Tip for dinner (along with some grilled shrimp) - will also load smoker with some boneless pork ribs and chicken breasts and maybe a pork shoulder I have been meaning to smoke.

Going to get DECADENT this weekend on the new Primo and have fillet mignon & eggs for breakfast either tomorrow or Sunday morning, then for a party we'll make a mess of wings - some on the Brinkmann and some on the Primo. Should be a good moisture-locking test of the ceramic cooker.

Back