• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Santa Maria ranch grill rotisserie cook

Anybody that flashes a big piece of Steel from the git go has my attention NOW That is a Knife!! I like that rig super nice build the beef is out a sight!

Update - leftovers for lunch

Shaved about 8 ounces of the beef ultra thin, heated it up in a sauce pan with the leftover au jus, stacked on both sides of a toasted french roll, poured on a little jus, slathered with horseradish and under the broiler to melt some provolone. GOOD EATS:thumb:
2013-11-21113940_zps24e0f268.jpg

Nice build! Is your rotisserie rod and motor adjsutable up and down?

I found that when I built mine, it was great feature to be able to raise and lower the rod and motor as the fire varied throughout the cook.

I used Unistrut for the verticals;

4f8w.jpg

gp8i.jpg

0pq5.jpg

Thanks, and yes my rotisserie moves up and down with the main cooking grate. Instead of connecting the lift cables to the cooking grate I fabricated 10" extensions out of some 2"X2" tubing so the lift point is actually about a foot above the main cooking grate and I made the attachment point for the rotisserie brackets just above that. So the same winch & pulley mechanism that lifts the main cooking grate also lifts the rotisserie. And you are so right, it is a really nice feature to have. I just put a grill thermometer on the main cooking grate and adjusted the height to keep a 325* cook.

Edit: FYI, details and photos are in my build thread, there is a link back on page #1 as part of my original post.

Nice build! Is your rotisserie rod and motor adjsutable up and down?

I found that when I built mine, it was great feature to be able to raise and lower the rod and motor as the fire varied throughout the cook.

I used Unistrut for the verticals;

4f8w.jpg

gp8i.jpg

0pq5.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great, I am not a fan of meat that rare but to each their own. I would like to have a setup like that at the campground!

Was just thinkin..............I know that's scarey :shock: but.........................This is a good one for the spin it to win it TD :clap:

I have to say: a very nice job on the roast and a very nice job on the creativity and ability to construct and assemble a very nice cooking tool.

Ed :clap2:

May as well eat like a king on the day we lose to a Div II team for the first.time.ever.

Would be nice if the AD hires a proven HC instead of these coordinator projects. He's batting .000 on those.

Nice cooker!

Back