THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody that flashes a big piece of Steel from the git go has my attention NOW That is a Knife!! I like that rig super nice build the beef is out a sight!

Update - leftovers for lunch

Shaved about 8 ounces of the beef ultra thin, heated it up in a sauce pan with the leftover au jus, stacked on both sides of a toasted french roll, poured on a little jus, slathered with horseradish and under the broiler to melt some provolone. GOOD EATS:thumb:
2013-11-21113940_zps24e0f268.jpg

Nice build! Is your rotisserie rod and motor adjsutable up and down?

I found that when I built mine, it was great feature to be able to raise and lower the rod and motor as the fire varied throughout the cook.

I used Unistrut for the verticals;

4f8w.jpg

gp8i.jpg

0pq5.jpg

Thanks, and yes my rotisserie moves up and down with the main cooking grate. Instead of connecting the lift cables to the cooking grate I fabricated 10" extensions out of some 2"X2" tubing so the lift point is actually about a foot above the main cooking grate and I made the attachment point for the rotisserie brackets just above that. So the same winch & pulley mechanism that lifts the main cooking grate also lifts the rotisserie. And you are so right, it is a really nice feature to have. I just put a grill thermometer on the main cooking grate and adjusted the height to keep a 325* cook.

Edit: FYI, details and photos are in my build thread, there is a link back on page #1 as part of my original post.

Nice build! Is your rotisserie rod and motor adjsutable up and down?

I found that when I built mine, it was great feature to be able to raise and lower the rod and motor as the fire varied throughout the cook.

I used Unistrut for the verticals;

4f8w.jpg

gp8i.jpg

0pq5.jpg

Last edited:
Was just thinkin..............I know that's scarey :shock: but.........................This is a good one for the spin it to win it TD :clap:

I have to say: a very nice job on the roast and a very nice job on the creativity and ability to construct and assemble a very nice cooking tool.

Ed :clap2:

May as well eat like a king on the day we lose to a Div II team for the first.time.ever.

Would be nice if the AD hires a proven HC instead of these coordinator projects. He's batting .000 on those.

Nice cooker!

Back