Pork Steaks

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Tried a new method for me of cooking Pork Steaks on the Big Green Egg.

I usually grill them over direct Medium High heat. These were thicker than what I usually get so did a combination of Grilled and Saint Louis style. I did not use BBQ sauce or Beer because I like the Flavor of the Pork.

Fired the Egg up and after an hour the dome temp was set at 250º, used some Pecan chunks for the Smoke.

Picture001-1.jpg

Seasoned with Garlic, Salt and Mrs Dash for almost 24 hours.

Picture011-3.jpg

Picture022-2.jpg

Seared for 2-3 minutes per side on the Weber Gasser.

Picture026.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Cooked Indirect for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Picture043-1.jpg

Moved to a large Aluminum pan and used some Parkay and Honey. Covered tightly with foil and place back onto the Egg and cooked for another hour and 15 minutes.

Picture049.jpg

Picture054-1.jpg

Picture073.jpg

Steaks are done, quick peek before removing to rest about 20 minutes.

Picture086.jpg

Now for the review, if you like Pulled Pork this may work for you, fork tender. For me I really do not like pulled Pork, I like Sliced Pork, Pork Chops and love Pork Steaks grilled. The texture and flavor when cooked this way is not for me. Had to give it a try but in the future I will stick to Grilling my Pork Steaks as I have always done.

Glad it worked out for you.

Yeah, a simply seasoned pork steak grilled like a beef steak is pretty hard to beat. Those do look great though.

NEXT TIME maybe the butcher'll trim em right for you huh? :wink:

I love the flavor of grilled pork steaks. Maybe it's the bit of chew the meat has, or maybe it's just the overall porkiness.

yea, i was gonna say that it seemed a bit overcooked. meat that thin will cook rather quickly.

Back