Waterproofing BBQ Guru and fan in the rain

weihl165

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I got my guru last week, and had to do a couple butts for a party on Saturday. And don't ya know it rained. I came up with a quick fix to keep everything dry for the day, then got into building something a little better. I love building little projects. So here is what I came up with. Wasn't sure the hose off the fan would work, but it held my pit at 250 all day yesterday. Let me know what you think.
IMAG0442.jpg
IMAG0440.jpg
IMAG0435.jpg

20682897-orig.jpg

That's a great set up, thanks for sharing. I going to use this.

wow nice quick solution thanks for the ideas it rains alot here too.

g2g is intranuts for good to go. your setup is kind of like the pitmaster setups. I wasnt sure if the fans were alright to have exposed to rain. I was under the assumption that you didnt have to worry about the fans getting wet

g2g is intranuts for good to go. your setup is kind of like the pitmaster setups. I wasnt sure if the fans were alright to have exposed to rain. I was under the assumption that you didnt have to worry about the fans getting wet
Ahh Gotcha, not sure if they are g2g(lol) in the rain, but I wasn't taking any chances.

yeah, I understand. be funny to see someone put a little coctail unbrella over their pit viper

You kinda' turned your Guru into an iQue110 with that hose. :wink:

CD

I realize I just dug this thread out of the ground, but since no one answered the questions here...

A sales rep told me, quote "As long as the logo side is facing up on the fan you can use it in the pouring rain just fine."

This is in reference to the Pit Viper and Pit Bull fans.

nice.... either I am not that smart or I like beer too much to come up with stuff like that!

I just cut the bottom out of a large aluminum serving pan and created rain guards for my 2 Auber fans (HeaterMeter setup). I use the integrated 1-way gate's screw to anchor the cover down.

Back