• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Florida BBQ Comp. season starts soon

chad

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Well, FL BBQ Association season starts January 7-8. There's a KCBS event on January 1 but that is not going to happen!! :D

So, Southern Brethren will be on the road:

Jan 7-8, Sebring, FL

Feb 4-5, Wachula, FL
Feb 11-12, Winter Haven, FL
Feb 25-26, Okeechobee, FL

Mar 4-5, Crestview, FL

At this point we'll see how deep in the farking hole we are :twisted:

It's going to be a long three months!

Damn, DF! Stacking them pretty close! Are you planning to vend some too to offset some costs?

Best of luck to you and Tim, and watch for a bottle of Geritol in the mail next week. :wink: I don't think I could do that schedule, you guys must be Iron Men!!

Solidkick said:
Damn, DF! Stacking them pretty close! Are you planning to vend some too to offset some costs?

Best of luck to you and Tim, and watch for a bottle of Geritol in the mail next week. :wink: I don't think I could do that schedule, you guys must be Iron Men!!

No vending this go-around - we lost our asses last event.

We'd actually prefer Southern Comfort to Geritol -- makes a better spray for the meat!! :D

The events slow down in the summer around here due to the heat!

They'd best keep the June 25th weekend open because I will be at the Bash if at all possible. :D

We'd actually prefer Southern Comfort to Geritol -- makes a better spray for the meat!!

Ouchies Mod!!!

Hey, goodluck to you and kapndsl. Once I get settled in Co I will be looking for the local circuit or one on that supports the local surrounding states.

It's close (actually my wife is from Lakeland) but it's KCBS and would be a distraction for us - we're focusing on FBA events this year.

It's a big event (I think it may be the biggest KCBS cook off in Florida).

The fun starts today:

Made up the list for "thing to do before leaving for Sebring":

Fill up the propane tanks for the trailer and turkey fryer
Get a new RV battery

Shop for meat, charcoal, etc. (about Thursday p.m.)

Make up two types of rub
Make up pulled pork finishing sauce

Check the spice box

Fill the coolers with ice on Thursday evening.

Load the canopy, spice box, coolers, WSM, wood chunks, etc., onto the trailer before Friday morning.

However, the weather forecast is great, we're taking the RV trailer so catching some zzzz's should be pretty easy, and we've got plenty of oak and pecan. :D

Back