Kcbs bod agenda 2-05-10

With the capabilities of ustream and some other programs which stream video/audio for FREE, it is sad that KCBS wont't use any of these technologies.

Why does everybody bash a no report? There's a lot of committees that should probavly only report annually. And some members raise an agenda topic rather than doing a report. I've seen that a number of times.

Some committees need to report monthly, especially finance but I don't see people bashing the treasurer like other BOD members. There's a lot of selective bashing going on.

Because, Ford, certain members NEVER report. I believe the term "educate" or "teach" is in the KCBS mission statement yet the person responsible for the Education committee has reported about 6 or 7 times in the last two years based on the research someone did prior to the election. An occasional "No Report" can be overlooked. Someone who doesn't appear to really care and appears to only be on the Board to sell books by being more visible and who rarely reports anything SHOULD be bashed by all members. We're not getting our money's worth from him. Perception IS reality.

That's actually pretty easy. You need to provide a KCBS member number and team name to be counted. Maybe it isn't "perfect" but it is a far better indicator of who is a comp cook as opposed to who is just a member.

And I only suggest that exclusivity on rules that directly affect the competition cooks.

So I just need to give a member number an any team name? So if I have a personal agenda and I want to stuff the ballot box, I get all of my non-cook friends to mention Pork Pullin Plowboys. There, you have a member number and a team name.

Actually, any member could say that they are a part of any team. Doesn't make them a cook.

SaucyWench;1171255... So we average it out and the score goes down. I can't see how this would please anyone. I'm all for variety in chicken entries said:
Yes, it should - just like skin on / off, if presented with skin on then the judge should at least taste the skin. Judge it as presented by the cook.

... You need to provide a KCBS member number and team name to be counted. Maybe it isn't "perfect" but it is a far better indicator of who is a comp cook as opposed to who is just a member.

And I only suggest that exclusivity on rules that directly affect the competition cooks.

What about cooks who judge or judges that cook? Some cooks will judge once or twice a year just as there are judges who can only afford to cook once or twice a year. Where would these folks fall?

So I just need to give a member number an any team name? So if I have a personal agenda and I want to stuff the ballot box, I get all of my non-cook friends to mention Pork Pullin Plowboys. There, you have a member number and a team name.

Actually, any member could say that they are a part of any team. Doesn't make them a cook.
I guess if you WANTED to there wouldn't be anything stopping you. However, that seems horribly immoral to me. I was under the impression that reason for the existence of the KCBS in the first place was "promoting and enjoying barbeque" not "enriching ones personal fortunes and screwing others that you may have an agenda against."

But, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
> What about cooks who judge or judges that cook? Some cooks will judge once or twice a year just as there are judges who can only afford to cook once or twice a year. Where would these folks fall?

Bunch of darned inbred ********! Shoot us. Shoot us all. Quick solution.
:)

Yes, it should - just like skin on / off, if presented with skin on then the judge should at least taste the skin. Judge it as presented by the cook.

What about cooks who judge or judges that cook? Some cooks will judge once or twice a year just as there are judges who can only afford to cook once or twice a year. Where would these folks fall?
Valid points. However, the answer is simple. Much like an actual electorial primary, you must delacre one or the other to vote on such specific matters. Nto the general day-to-day votes, but on things that directly impact cooks, to vote on them, you must be a declared cook. Sort of like how Democrats are not able to vote in Republican primary elections, and vise versa, but in a general election there isn't such a restriction.

Again, I am just throwing things out the see what sticks... :icon_shy

With the capabilities of ustream and some other programs which stream video/audio for FREE, it is sad that KCBS wont't use any of these technologies.

I am going to guess that they are concerned with just ANYONE being able to jump in to the meeting...I'm not sure but I don't think there is a way to only offer views to members only...or any way to check/verify that through Ustream or the other free services...that being said, I mentioned using Ustream about 2 months ago or so to let people look in on the meeting...I mean why not!??

I am working on an interview with Mike Lake...I'll ask him about that...as well as the other items that were on the minutes of this past meeting!

I guess if you WANTED to there wouldn't be anything stopping you. However, that seems horribly immoral to me. I was under the impression that reason for the existence of the KCBS in the first place was "promoting and enjoying barbeque" not "enriching ones personal fortunes and screwing others that you may have an agenda against."

But, I could be wrong.

The original reason it existed, and what is actually in practice are two different things.

All members should have the right to vote. cooks, judges or backyard cooks are all equal in the KCBS. Now if want to propose a neww class of membership for "cooks" then I'm all in favor of it. Let's say if you register as a cook there's an additional $50 fee per year in order to pay for all the extra work done for contests to exist. Then there could be issues on ballots for cooks only and an online forum for cooks only to discuss issues and rules.

I like this. That way we wouldn't need all this crap on this site and the cooks would have a private Froum to discuss issues without having anybody and everybody stir the pot.

I'm ranting now and I'm just so tired of the BOD bashing right after an election where the people voted. this is worse that Al Gore losing Florida. I'll go to the penalty box now for 15 minutes.

All members should have the right to vote. cooks, judges or backyard cooks are all equal in the KCBS. Now if want to propose a neww class of membership for "cooks" then I'm all in favor of it. Let's say if you register as a cook there's an additional $50 fee per year in order to pay for all the extra work done for contests to exist. Then there could be issues on ballots for cooks only and an online forum for cooks only to discuss issues and rules.
I agree and disagree. I don't think that just anyone should be able to vote on something that directly impacts me or any other cooks in how we compete, what it costs to compete and the rules under which we compete. But, again, I see that all are equal in the KCBS. But, I also think that some are more equal than others.

I like this. That way we wouldn't need all this crap on this site and the cooks would have a private Froum to discuss issues without having anybody and everybody stir the pot.
Agree again.

I'm ranting now and I'm just so tired of the BOD bashing right after an election where the people voted. this is worse that Al Gore losing Florida. I'll go to the penalty box now for 15 minutes.
I'll see you there!:lol:

But, I could be wrong.

Don't underestimate the politics in this organization.

Back