• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Help finding drum for UDS

D-Rell

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I will be in Lake Guntersville,Alabama on Oct. 29th. Are there in any brethren in the area that know where i can pick up a drum for UDS.

I'd check with any food processors in the area. JD gets drums that contained olive or Canola oil for free from Stock Pot Soups.

Some Feed Stores carry drums for dry storage, and you can look in the Yellow Pages under Drums or Barrells for new or reconditioned ones. A Truck shop may have drums that contained hydraulic or tranny fluid-those are usually closed drums, but bearing grease comes in open top drums and you might be able to get a lid with it. You'll definitely wanna burn those out!

I went by a honey processing plant and they have drums stacked 8 wide and 4 or 5 high. I definitely got to check them out.

drumco.com
Memphis TN
$30 cash and carry or ship for around $100
Reconditioned open top unlined 16 gauge

Looking up "barrels" in the yellow pages or online yellow pages works around here.

Not sure where in Tennessee you are, but there are two peeps on Craigs List in the Nashville area who offer clean drums. $5 and $15. Both are Northeast of town, and one of them even says in the add "Perfect for a smoker" or some such.

dmp

edit: Couldn't find the $15 one, but here is a link to the $5 one. I was wrong, it's closer to cookville. The add says that they have tops, so you might have to remove those. I eMailed the guy and he says he also goes to the 111 flea market some. http://nashville.craigslist.org/grd/1404210819.html

Back