1st Comp Turn-ins

K

KevinK

Here are pics of each of the boxes we turned in for our fist comps. Had a blast and learned a lot. Some of the best tasting pork I've made, apparently most teams sauce there pork(Live and learn)?? Got hammered on not saucing the pork and ribs needed another 30 minutes. Brisket and Chicken were our best categories. Not happy with small size of chicken thighs but flavor and tenderness were there.

Attachments

• brisket_sc.jpg
    brisket_sc.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 351
  • chicken_sc.jpg
    chicken_sc.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 350
  • pork_sc.jpg
    pork_sc.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 349
  • ribs_sc.jpg
    ribs_sc.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 348
Were your chicken thighs boneless? It looks like you could have fit 12 in that box! I'm not a CBJ and certainly no one to critique your boxes properly, but I think they look pretty darn appetizing. Now I'm hungry.... gotta go eat supper!

Pork looks good to me. If it tasted as good as it looks, I would not have down graded for no sauce. I agree about the chicken being too small. All in all, it looks good to me.

All looks great for your first comp. I agree on the pork not needing any sauce, i like to be able to taste the pork not a bunch of sauce. The only time I really sauce my pork is if we overcooked it and it's a bit dry, but even then we don't use much just enough to add moisture.
Chicken looks small but good, and the briskett looks great.
Crap now I want some Q.
Good luck at your future comps.

I have to agree, your first time boxes are very good. Now it's very important to keep good notes or logs and great easy to see pics. Good luck and welcome to the comp world. Steve.

Very nice looking boxes. Excellent on the parsley - very even all the way around. The briskey looks really yummy!

chicken looks good, but I would pick the 6 best and pass on the rest

Back