• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rotisserie questions

Tricky

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Just moved in to the new house, and as I was checking out the built-in gasser I found a bunch of rotisserie items underneath:

* two rotisserie spit rods
* two chicken prong attachments
* rotisserie motor
* two-piece turkey basket attachments
* some stainless steel disc plates (not sure what they're for - they appear to slide over the spit rod)
* some chain-link thing with hooks that I cannot figure out

Everything looks like it works, except that I can't get the rotisserie gas "burner" to light with either the igniter or a butane lighter. I probably need to dissasemble it and check for clogs in the line, etc.

I want to try to adapt it for my UDS, but for now am going to try using it on the gasser. Anyone use theirs on a gasser using the regular bottom burners rather than a side facing rotisserie burner? Seems like if I turn off the middle ones below my drip pan and just use the side ones, things would work fine. Any tips for a rookie spit man?

Thanks. I'm going to give it a whirl with some yardbirds. Those seem like something I'll want a bit of color on, but I don't want to get the olive oil and seasonings all over my grill . . .

Maybe I'll set it up on my old Weber gasser instead of the built-in stainless monstrosity.

Back