Smoked Pork Eggrolls

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I placed a few thick sliced pork chops in a container with sliced onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, cracked black pepper, and one bay leaf. Then covered with cool water and let them brine for about 4 hours...

Into the smoker with a skillet of sliced onions, jalapenos, and garlic, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with a bit of kosher salt and cracked black pepper.....

These smoked for about 4 hours with a bit of hickory.....

I chopped 2 cups of the smoked pork, minced the smoked onion, garlic and jalapenos..
Added some chopped water chestnuts for crunch and a bit of green onion....

I combined all in a skillet with 1 cup of napa cabbage and heated until the mixture was heated through and the cabbage was tender crisp. Then let the mixture cool before rolling...

020-3-1.jpg

I made my favorite pot sticker dipping sauce, but liked the egg rolls better without it. The sauce overpowered the nice smokey flavor of the pork, onions and jalapenos...

They didn't taste a thing like chinese egg rolls... lol...but I like em. :biggrin:

OK.....I need your adress Cowgirl.....I am sending you the bill for the cap I just busted when I bit my monitor.......and once again my invite must have gotten lost in the mail....Damn the Postal Service!!!!

They didn't taste a thing like chinese egg rolls... lol...but I like em. :biggrin:

Probably because you didn't add MSG and a bunch of other chemicals!!
Good looking eats!!!

That looked really good but Holy Crap! That musta taken all day! I would have microwaved a couple dozen , eaten them, had a good poop, nap, and drank a sixpack before you had those finished!

lol.

I really wish I had the time and patience to pull off a meal like that!

Great for when I am overrun with those irregulars! I like this.

Thanks for the kind words folks!!
They were pretty tasty, the thing I like about them is you can add whatever ingredients you like. :)

They were nice and smokey and the jalapenos added a nice kick.

Cowgirl! I've been contemplating something like this, but with smoked chicken.

Now all I need is a bbq type sauce.

It's good to have here.

To quote Bubba...
That looks better than Billy with his pants down. :biggrin:

Awesome idea.

LOL.....Norco and AlbuQue! I shoulda put my drink down before reading your posts. :lol:

Thanks Larry! Just think of the endless possibilities. :biggrin:

Back