Spam Burgers

Rib-O-Lator

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The problem with being a BBQ nut is having to deal with 7 conflicting voices in my head. The other day one of the voices (the crazier one) suggested I make a burger with half beef and half spam.

I haven’t had spam for 50 years, so instead of arguing with myself (have you ever argued with a crazy person?) I gave in. After all, i owed it to him since he didn't argue with me when i dared him to play chicken on the freeway in his underwear with a rubber chicken on his head and a sock puppet on each hand. That's a night in jail we won't forget!

So I bought a can of hickory flavored spam and put it through my grinder with 80/20 beef, a little salt and pepper on my wifes and some exotic South African spices on mine.

I cooked them until they hit 145 and then put them on the grill to sear.

I used a potato bun with some horseradish mayo, avocado, slightly grilled onion, tomato, cilantro, and a roasted jalapeno. I then introduced it to my belly and my belly liked. I have to say it was one of the tastiest burgers I have made. (I ate two) Sometimes being crazy aint so bad. "BE QUIET I'M TALKING!"

Do you deliver? I'm just across "town" in Auburn!

Sorry, I haven't been able to enjoy the pron because I figure the "crazy guy" was cooking in his underwear with a rubber chicken on his head!

Hope it was good.

Verrrrry interesting. I've been known to put some Spam in the old smoker much to the dismay of TBW and my doc. But it's good. Maybe I can sneak this one by them. It has to be good. Thanks for being crazy and sharing your crazy thought.

Deja vu, Rib!

I like your creative flair there and choice of toppings. Patty has that nice thick "pub style" appearance. I'd very much like to try that! :hungry:

ya got me all excited with even a tear starting to well up till ya mentioned avocados !
but i'll give some dispansation cuz you did like it. crazy is what keeps the world rotating. its what my inner voice tells me at night.

For some reason, I am stunned that it worked, grinding SPAM. Nice grub there.

"We have eggs and spam, bacon and spam, sausage and spam, burgers and spam, spam and spam....."

Looks great!! If anything, its a good filler for the patties :thumb:

Sorry, I haven't been able to enjoy the pron because I figure the "crazy guy" was cooking in his underwear with a rubber chicken on his head!

Hope it was good.

sorry to disappoint you, but i couldn't find my underwear. DOH!

Back