SAMS Club 2012???

It rained and rained and rain in Va. Didn't have a horrible time. Power was decent for us. Had issues with getting water. Depending on dates/location if we are in or not.

Other then the fact I cooked like crap at Indy and Cates tryed to burn my new truck down with the ash barrels we may do it again.

So wait a minute. Are they relocating the one in Baton Rouge to New Orleans, or are they gonna have both?

We had a blast they need to loosen the drinking rules in Bentonville though that to me was the worst part. It's hard drinking beer through a coffee cup lid

Relocating Baton Rouge to New Orleans....I don't know specifically which Sam's they are considering......

Yes, but they have shopping carts. Endless possibilities. I'm in for 2012 :laugh:

Love those shopping carts. Nice touch in Laurel. We're in for 2012, too. And you'll be happy to know Dan that I will hook you up with Wicked Good lump again. For a price, of course. And after I allocate some for my own Backwoods! :p

It rained and rained and rain in Va. Didn't have a horrible time. Power was decent for us. Had issues with getting water. Depending on dates/location if we are in or not.

Don't forget the rain in Laurel. That sucked as well. But not as much as the outcome for us. :cry:

Many teams would require a flatbed:wink: Just sayin:wink:

In Greensboro they called that the "truck series"

The contest I did last year wasn't the best organized event on my calender and the no water thing was a PIA but I it wasn't poorly run. I'm going to try and do it again this year.

There may be some conflicts and bumps along the way but I think the format is still very cool.

I was in Birmingham (Trussville) and I really didn't have a problem. Water was a slight pain, but the shopping carts made it much better. That and the fact that we keep a cooler of hot water on site, and the friendly RV next to us. I guess if we used a sink it would have hurt us more. The power wasn't on when we got there, and it was late, causing us an issue, but another RV owner let us feed off of him when we needed to. I honestly don't think that was the fault of KCBS or the organizer. The genie didn't work. Does any one know differently? The organizer was very understanding and helpful and had at least two contingencies for it in place. I enjoyed the setup, and my biggest problem was that check-in was much longer than it should have been, but that's par for the course. To me, comps fall into three categories: The ones that don't really care about the cook teams and do things to screw them up with disregard, the ones that bend over backwards to help cook teams, and all the rest. Sam's Club Birmingham seemed to be right in the middle to me. No complaints, and if there's one close enough, I'll go again.

dmp

Love those shopping carts. Nice touch in Laurel. We're in for 2012, too. And you'll be happy to know Dan that I will hook you up with Wicked Good lump again. For a price, of course. And after I allocate some for my own Backwoods! :p

Nah, I got you this time thanks to the BBQ Equipment store :thumb:

I guess those that don't like heat or asphalt wont' or should not compete. Hell, if its in the bottom 20 of events, I'll expect Georgia to not provide a team in this event.

I love the tournament format, regardless of my not advancing last year. I'll be back, rolling water in a shopping cart, standing on black top and whatever else is needed to compete in this series. I don't need to be invited to get to the big show, I just have to cook my way in.

We'll be in for '12, wherever we can get in. Bentonville is sweet in October.:becky:

I guess those that don't like heat or asphalt wont' or should not compete. Hell, if its in the bottom 20 of events, I'll expect Georgia to not provide a team in this event.

I love the tournament format, regardless of my not advancing last year. I'll be back, rolling water in a shopping cart, standing on black top and whatever else is needed to compete in this series. I don't need to be invited to get to the big show, I just have to cook my way in.
:roll:

Back